Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find a replacement flywheel for my 3g... anywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find a replacement flywheel for my 3g... anywhere!

I got another notice from the police saying to fix it, remove it, or go to jail (Anthony, I never did use the cover... I'm a dumbass... wanted to show that it was registered by letting the plates be seen!)

Anyway, I want to do the new engine ASAP. I wanted to do it tomorrow, but I need a clutch. The flywheel would need to be resurfaced, and I'd rather just buy a new one.

An Exedy replacement clutch (which will be fried once I get a turbo, I'm sure) will cost me about $100 shipped. Not a bad deal. I can't find any flywheels for a good price, though! Clutchnet has them for over $300... and I'm not able to swing that just yet!

Does anyone know where I can order a flywheel? Stock replacement or lightweight... doesn't matter, as long as it works!

what year accord?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

86 LX-i... but the engine is from an 88 or 89. Same thing, though.

Google has not been my friend in this search...

Comment

Just bought an F1 Racing clutch kit from Gripforce on ebay... same price as the Exedy, but "Stage 1" MIGHT last longer... probably not... but whatever. I'm going to toast whatever clutch I get now as soon as it's boosted anyway!

Comment

i got nothing. try ebay. dude swap a f22 in that
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

for some reason, I was thinking that the Flywheel was the same for some preludes and other engines...I dont know why though...Worth a shot...JY...

Comment

I think it might be... the guys on 3geez haven't gotten back to me on that. The Civic stuff might be the same, actually.

I found one at Advance Auto... not my favorite place, but I'm gonna see if they can get it for me, or better yet, if they have one in stock.

Comment

Yeah I've been looking around for you...
                I will post back If I find good news. lol.
                Ummmm...I dont know.
                Aasco makes one...did u say thaT? I havent slept yet..soooo...
                http://a20turbo.com
                Last edited by zack_odom; 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I saw the aasco one, yeah. A guy on 3geez has one. They're pricey though! Good stuff, but beyond me right now!

I went to Advance and ordered the one they have $78 and I'll have it tomorrow at 9am (they had to order it from another store). I'm getting a crap clutch to go with it anyway, so I might as well just cheap out now, and upgrade to good stuff when I boost... which will hopefully be this summer!

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

sorry to hear about the shitty situation. we cant even do stuff on our own properties anymore.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Gotta love being a "landowner". It only costs me $4200 a year! And the freedoms that go with it... man... it's great.

And screw it... Buying a carport so I don't have to deal with this shite.

Comment

Working...
                      X