This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just settled my lawsuit. need investment advice

I had my lawyer tell the company (which is worth 1.07 billion) that i wanted more money than the 250,000.

They returned his phone call today at 5 and said 275,000 dollars. Its not much, but its still more in my pocket and makes me feel like I got something in return for there screw up.

so now i need advice on what to do with it. i dont really have the money for a ZR1 now, so im pretty much just gonna fix the cars I have.
    ]

picture of the check

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Scans

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        picture of the check
        will do. it takes like 10 business days or something i dont know the details. oh dont worry i will post a picture of it.
        ]

Comment

buy a good stock and let it sit. A good stock will double its value in 7 years. In less than 14 years you'll be a millionaire if you continue working and living off that money instead of the 275k

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

high interest CDs. don't touch it for 10 years.

either that or buy a house, and if the market ever gets back on its feet, you can sell it for some good profit.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

hahahaha.... exactly what happen and who screwed up?
              $275k is a unrealistically huge settlement for something that didn't kill off your family or leave you pretty much permanently injured.

Edit: the settlement itself isn't to high becuase i wasn't thinking of him paying his medical bills but him actually getting $275k is unrealistic.
              Last edited by Rusty; 05-14-2008, 08:50 PM.
              "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

x2, i didnt hear about what caused you to sue someone, what happened?

high interest CD's ftw.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  275,000 dollars. Its not much, but its still more in my pocket and makes me feel like I got something in return for there screw up.
                  This is whats wrong with America today. Fucking greed.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Investment advice? Give it to me.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
                      This is whats wrong with America today. Fucking greed.
                      \if you knew half of what i went through. my face will never be the same. my bite is off, i cant eat a steak without cutting it up and swallowing it.

ive had 3 surgeries, and taken over 230 pain pills.

i look in the mirror, and im two faced. my jawline is different on one side then the other.
                      ]

Comment

\if you knew half of what i went through. my face will never be the same. my bite is off, i cant eat a steak without cutting it up and swallowing it.

i look in the mirror, and im two faced. my jawline is different on one side then the other.
                        is this for the fight you got into a few months back? you actually found and sued the guys and they actually have the means to pay you?

and if your settlement was $275k you still need to pay your med bills before you go investing.

What are you personally getting for pain and suffering?

also while we wait for you to post a pic of the check why don't you post a pic of your fucked up face.
                        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i cant eat a steak without cutting it up and swallowing it.
                          Really? Me neither!
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

And money just makes it all go away, huh?
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

my bite is off, i cant eat a steak without cutting it up and swallowing it.
                              How exactly did you eat steak before? Tear into meat like a wild animal or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X