Advice on xbox 360.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on xbox 360.....

Ok so i wanna get a 360 but id like to avoid the rrod. Are the new ones that are out free of this issue or are they all included?

Should i look for a refurbished one?

Just looking for some pointers as i havent kept up on the Xbox line.

I dont think the new ones are 100% free of it....but they are a lot better than the first batch that came out....plus if it happens you get another one in like 3-4 days anyways.

Im on my 3rd 360....the first one was the red lights....and the 2nd one coulda been fixed id assume but I was lazy....the screen would go screwy randomly and then fix itself.....I said screw it and got a new 360 sent.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

exactly, if you're getting one made recently then it is better-made but still not free of the problem. Just don't ever tamper with the seal and you can send it back for another one.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

or you could just buy the warranty offered by the store and not bother with MS when it bites the dust prematurely.

But those newer models should have the smaller sized power supply, processors and some kind of new heatsink for the graphics processor.

Comment

or you could wait till august when they release the new version of it . . . they will be releasing the revamped version in august info can be found here if you want one now I would just buy a new one referbs are just as likely to take a crap so you are better off just dealing with a new one. And if you are more worried about it breaking just buy a warranty though gamestop nolonger sells one for the 360 I am not sure about the other big consumer stores like frys or bestbuy and such.
          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

I know a guy that has 3 of them... He buys ones with the rrod and fixes em. Apparently, it's just some soldering. I don't know the guy well, and lost touch (he's the boyfriend of my singer's wife's now ex-friend... ) so I don't know the details.

Comment

you know i ought to try that. buy ones with the red light, fix it and then spray custom paint the casing.

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                or you could wait till august when they release the new version of it . . . they will be releasing the revamped version in august info can be found here if you want one now I would just buy a new one referbs are just as likely to take a crap so you are better off just dealing with a new one. And if you are more worried about it breaking just buy a warranty though gamestop nolonger sells one for the 360 I am not sure about the other big consumer stores like frys or bestbuy and such.

Im just going to wait because i dont have the cash for this right now and as bad as id like to jump into GTA4 right now, other things are a priority so ill gladly wait.

Besides Mariokart for the Wii will keep me busy till then.

Comment

this sucks, i swear mines bullet proof when i want to break it but the graphics are all fubar'd when i'm trying to play something.

i've poured rubbing alcohol down into it, i've sprayed the liquid propellant from a can of compressed air into it while on, and then i've had it sitting in the freezer for 6 hours. I come home turn it on and get the 3 red lights but after a few minutes it goes away. BLAH.

Comment

i have one acronym for you...PS3.
                    that is all

Comment

Working...
                    X