truth behind the "sports cliches"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

truth behind the "sports cliches"?

I hear you... I played HS baseball and many a times came thisclose to winning the state championship... We always made it as a team (none of this "Kobe-and-his-It's-all-about-me" attitude), though... Everyone contributed in his way (I was the consistent hitter- almost always on base) and played their part....

Besides Bonds, another athlete that had "the numbers", but no ring is former Miami Dolphin QB Dan Marino... He set all sorts of records while playing in the NFL... Like I said, it's all about the whole team effort, rather than individual effort...

Just my 2 clams...

L8z-
    Jay
    "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

i hear ya fizz....if your that guy on the bench who gets 2 minutes a game if ur lucky, then of course your gonna want the big numbers over just kinda supporting your team to the championship. but if your a daily player who is good, or even great, but with no rock on the finger, your gonna die for a championship

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

yeah that makes sense, if the media gets a hold of marino or someone like that saying 'hell i could care if we get to the super bowl i just threw 500 yards with 5 td's' it would get blown out of proportion, even though pretty much every qb is thinking that after a game like that.

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Working...
      X