h22cb/d17turbo/f22turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22cb/d17turbo/f22turbo?

Okay so I just bought my bros white honda today brand new clutch and a new motor (since I blew the old one)

Now I'm in a bit of a dillemma, I can boost my civic for 5000 high quality kit with KPRO and make 230WHP or more with stock internals.

I could h22 swap my bros car for 2,300

or

Boost the f22 or under 1,500

Oh what to do, what to do......

go the cheaper route...just cuz the cb looks like mine and i wanna see the progress on that one hahaaha.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

i would not spend the 5 grand on such a small gain. instead i would swap the h22 into the accord and leave it NA, then swap the f22 into your civic and boost it later. this way you're only paying for one engine and one mount kit due to the h22 fitting on stock mounts.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
        i would not spend the 5 grand on such a small gain. instead i would swap the h22 into the accord and leave it NA, then swap the f22 into your civic and boost it later. this way you're only paying for one engine and one mount kit due to the h22 fitting on stock mounts.
        swappin the f22 into the civic? i thought swappin an older engine into a newer car model is illegal...no?

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

f22 boost. or h22 don't boost the civic for that small gain. you can get that on the f22 easy and 3 times cheaper

Or throw a h in the civic. But are you going to be able to drive the accord with all the work done to it or is your brother going to drive it?
          Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-30-2008, 03:01 PM.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Keep the CB as a daily driver with a stock engine and build up the newer Civic, or swap an h22 into the Civic and then boost it

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

build and boost the f22 for 5k.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

steelblue, the f/h wont go into his model year civic. no one makes a kit for it. stopped at 2000. only kits they make is kseries. thats a lot of money for boost on the civic. parts for the accord are cheap...i think. and i thought you can buy a 5spd H22 for less than 2k now? maybe i am wrong. g/l with your decision maple.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                  f22 boost. or h22 don't boost the civic for that small gain. you can get that on the f22 easy and 3 times cheaper
                  x2

Thats alot to spend on the civic...
                  93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    build and boost the f22 for 5k.
                    i like that idea better...total cost even with labor should come out no more than 5k.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

labor should be free diy style!
                      (at least most of it)
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Throw in a K series even better. I dont see why they would want to put a Kpro in that when an s300 would work just fine with the d17turbo.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I am sorry to say this Maple, but you seem to have some pretty crappy luck with CB's from what I have read from your past posts. I am not baggin' on you, but with money issues you seem to have had, problems you have run into in the past and your luck.........

I would just hate to see you stuck. Why not just do a mild build of the F22A and pocket the rest for when something goes wrong. I understand what you would like to do, but think this one through and go from there.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I vote for a boosted F22. Will save you some money that can in turn be used on some of those "bitches" you be laying pipe on.

Comment

dont mess around with the accord.. Just spend the money on the civic and do it right.

Comment

Working...
                              X