This is so cool....I wish we could convert our CB7s to do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so cool....I wish we could convert our CB7s to do this

4 Wheel Steering! what are the benefits of it? and the drawbacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCks2Ps53s

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

wasn't the Prelude SH basically the same idea? one of my friends told me the "SH" stood for superior handling.

until watching that video i never knew what four wheel steering meant. seeing that rear wheel turn also is kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
      wasn't the Prelude SH basically the same idea? one of my friends told me the "SH" stood for superior handling.

until watching that video i never knew what four wheel steering meant. seeing that rear wheel turn also is kinda cool.

Not quite....the earlier Preludes had 4 wheel steering where the rear wheels would pivot a few degrees to give a more assured handling response.

The SH is actually an even more bad ass system that provides more torque to the outside wheel(s) on a turn. Very effective!
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
        The SH is actually an even more bad ass system that provides more torque to the outside wheel(s) on a turn. Very effective!
        so...its an LSD?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=4ws

CBs came with AWS in other countries. We have a number of members with 4ws cars here, mostly from Australia.

Later model Preludes had 4ws too. Not just the 3rd gen. That video is really cool. I've never seen it in action before!

Comment

I've never seen it in action. That's pretty damn cool. First I just thought it just turned like 1/2 an inch or something.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Very cool

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Tighter turning circles FTW!

Yes, the rears turn in the same direction with small input angles, but turn the opposite when the angles gets larger. I think I said it out right.

Where is Dien anyways?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

that was indeed amazing
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

lol that prelude belonged to a member of acura-legend.com, I know as soon as I saw the youtube link who's it was.

here are some more pics of it, sadly he sold it
                    http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ws-5mt-119625/

Comment

5th gen ludes had 4ws too... edm ones. we always get the rip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MB1...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                        Not quite....the earlier Preludes had 4 wheel steering where the rear wheels would pivot a few degrees to give a more assured handling response.

Yes, in function, it was VERY similar to an LSD. However, the SH system had the ability to do something an LSD can't do. Multiply the torque going to that outside wheel. An LSD can't multiply it, it can only divert it. SH was basically the precursor to what Honda is now putting on the BACK end of SH-AWD cars, where the system can not only send power to the most beneficial wheel, but it can also speed up the tire, thus creating a yawing moment, which would be felt as a tighter line in the car. It really is an amazing system, and I am interested to see the results of the new RL vs the old, now that Honda is programming it more aggressively. In the 2005-2008 RL, the system didn't work as much in 1st gear, so you couldn't get the full benefit in low speed corners, where you are liable to need it the most. With a more aggressive setup, I wouldn't be surprised to see an RL that could oversteer through turns, but of course, that isn't the mission of the car, even though it probably is possible.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

the prelude SH ATTS system has goods and bads....the ablity to transfer torque to a wheel when needed for better traction/cornering. the prelude atts systems disable if or when a car has too much power hence why Prelude type SH owners tend to do base tranny conversion with LSD.

im happy i didnt get the prelude with atts......one less problem to deal with and more possiblities for me and tranny options.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
                            I've never seen it in action. That's pretty damn cool. First I just thought it just turned like 1/2 an inch or something.
                            I've never seen how this 4ws worked before either, looks cool. i would think that doing an alignment on a car like this would be a bitch to do.
                            my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                            MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

older galants do the same thing - only they're 4wd/4ws :P
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X