• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought another truck.

Something that I can

A) Play in the mud with
    B) Work in so my Dakota won't smell like Pepperoni
    C) Not worry about

It's got the 4.0 V6, automatic, 4 wheel drive.

Pacer 310 wheels, Grizzly Bolt in cage (more for looks than protection), and Baja Lighting, Alpine headunit, and JBL speakers

Don't know why, but I just fell in love with this little truck!
    It does have a rather nasty dent in the passenger side of the bed where it looks like another truck bumped into it at some point in time. But untill it rusts, I'm not fixing it.

"This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Sweet nice find. Those little trucks with the v6 are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by topcop182
      Sweet nice find. Those little trucks with the v6 are sweet!

Thanks man.

It's faster than I thought it would be, but still won't touch the Kota.

I just don't want the miles put on my dakota from delivering pizza, nor the smell of Italian food.

Nor the dirtiness.

Nor the wear and tear.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

your still getting the wrong vehicle. but i give you props that you got someting to use that will take away from you messin up the kota

Comment

No I'm really not. A honda is the exact WRONG vehicle for me right now.

If I had a honda, it would end up lowered and loud.

NOT a good work vehicle in a hick town like I live in.

Reasons why the Ranger is better than a Honda for me right now (Assuming the Honda would be lowered and have an exhaust because that IS what I would do to it)

1) Ranger is 4wd (Deliver alot in the country, get the Kota stuck lots)
          2) Ranger has ground clearance
          3) Ranger is quieter than my Honda would be
          4) Ranger is automatic (I will NOT own an automatic honda)

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
            No I'm really not. A honda is the exact WRONG vehicle for me right now.

If I had a honda, it would end up lowered and loud.

NOT a good work vehicle in a hick town like I live in.

Reasons why the Ranger is better than a Honda for me right now (Assuming the Honda would be lowered and have an exhaust because that IS what I would do to it)

1) Ranger is 4wd (Deliver alot in the country, get the Kota stuck lots)
            2) Ranger has ground clearance
            3) Ranger is quieter than my Honda would be
            4) Ranger is automatic (I will NOT own an automatic honda)

i agree with you on that. i know if i get a honda then it'll always be dropped and loud. lmao. but never too loud tho but it does look like a good truck to go mud bogging in

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
              i agree with you on that. i know if i get a honda then it'll always be dropped and loud. lmao. but never too loud tho but it does look like a good truck to go mud bogging in

Oh it will see mud...

Not like the crazy 5 foot deep pits. That's a great way to ruin it.

But most of my friends have fields and when it rains, they go out and tear it up. I might just have to join them now... hahha.

Comment

Whoooo I really am not fond on Fords, but damn that thing is nice. Well, I am starting to like some Fords.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Thanks.

Like I said, I don't know why but I just fell in love with the thing.

Comment

Not bad. I had a friend who had a 90 ranger with the 4.0L. He didn't do much with it though. He backed into no fewer than four poles (awning supports, lights, etc). There wasn't a clean panel on that truck.

I want to get a Toyota light truck. Better for mudding cause it's lighter
                    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                      Not bad. I had a friend who had a 90 ranger with the 4.0L. He didn't do much with it though. He backed into no fewer than four poles (awning supports, lights, etc). There wasn't a clean panel on that truck.

I want to get a Toyota light truck. Better for mudding cause it's lighter

Heh, yeah my dad has had 2 Rangers. Both were indestructible.

Comment

I had the EXACT same truck......91 Ranger 4x4 but with the 2.3 4 cylinder.

I LOVED that truck. Great MPG, I hauled anything I needed.....5 speed.......NO acceleration, fair amount of torque, but that thing took trails like a built Jeep.

I miss my truck
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

if you live in a hick town, i bet you will get more tips if you deliver food with your truck super muddy. bhahaha
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Hey I bet you can pull that big long dent out very quickly. Get one of those suction cups like this:

Available in most hardware stores, automotive stores, or amazon.com

They're under ten bucks. Put it on there and gently pull it out. Then you'll just have the one on the top part of the bed. May even be able to get that one out. Just make sure there's not creases where the paint flaked off. If there is you can get a touch up stick from autozone/etc.

Comment

I hate fords, but oh well. Not like you need it to be reliable.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X