X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thouroughly impressed

So, on my most recent trip to the music store, i picked a new album

The Sword - Gods of the Earth

Wow....Metal Album of the year, hands down.

Although there is not a single thing amazing about this band, no ridiculous guitar work, no crazy drums, nothing fancy. In essence, they are just straight up Band.(If that makes sense, good. If not, dont bother.) Nothing in the band shines, its the band itself that shines. How well they connect, how natural everything feels.

Now this band did have a song a few years back that became prettty popular through guitar hero. (Freya) I see big things coming from this band, as this is only their second cd and they already have a definate sound.

Just thought to share my opinion
    Driving before toke:
    Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

I've been listening to a couple songs from that on Seton Hall's radio station (all metal... fantastic ) I wasn't all that impressed. Not so much with the music, though. I'm not into the style. For what they do, they do it very well.

Comment

yeah, it is different. Personaly, its the lyrics that do it for me. im a big amon amarth fan, war metal i guess you could say. ya know, swords and shields, all that kinda bull shit
      Driving before toke:
      Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

I never paid attention to the lyrics, but I do like Amon Amarth myself.

I guess the name "The Sword" suggests something different for me... something that they don't seem to fill. They're just too... I dunno... Like an updated Danzig meets Black Sabbath is what I always think when I hear them! I hear "The Sword" and I think "Swordmaster" (who's debut EP was amazing... then they sucked)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Like an updated Danzig meets Black Sabbath
          Best way ive ever heard to describe them
          Driving before toke:
          Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

Working...
          X