No announcement yet.

Rant/Factoids about gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that guy is insane, but he does make some decent points.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I think he had a mild stroke while he was presenting that...

He does make some valid points, however, ethanol isn't the only reason.

I also think that more drilling/burning coal etc is a short term solution at best. They are both relatively finite resources, and thus can only be short term solutions. With increasing worldwide demand, it only makes sense to start finding alternative sources now as opposed to later.

Personally, I would like to see a larger mix of nuclear power, and solar/wind energy (in the parts where it is feasible), while seeing less NG and coal powered power plants.

Hydrogen holds a lot of promise as a future fuel source, but it also has some rather large hurdles that still need to be crossed. I don't think it will really be mainstream ready for at least another decade or two. But once it is, the theory is good.

Consume less save more.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        Consume less save more.
        Nah, lets just bash Bush. It's a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          He's yelling and acting mad so therefore he must be right

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/...cmkb11qcSb.HQA

Here is an interesting one on the rise of electricity rates.

Notice in the first 2 paragraphs how they outline that even though coal is readily available in the US, it is a worldwide commodity and thus is affected by the worldwide market. Just like oil.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
              Nah, lets just bash Bush. It's a lot easier.

Yes, it is. Especially with the mainstream media pinning everything on the man.

I read a New York Times editorial this morning (one of THE MOST liberally biased media institutions in the world) talking about how John McCain is automatically going to do what Bush did, because he is a Republican.

That is like saying Obama is going to sit in The White House and get intern BJ's all day because he is a Democrat. It has just gotten to the point where it is such a bunch of bullshit, it makes me sick.

I hope the New York Times' financial problems go unfixed and that they go out of business. I extend the same wish to all the right wing douchebag media outlets.

Comment

Yes, it is. Especially with the mainstream media pinning everything on the man.

I read a New York Times editorial this morning (one of THE MOST liberally biased media institutions in the world) talking about how John McCain is automatically going to do what Bush did, because he is a Republican.

That is like saying Obama is going to sit in The White House and get intern BJ's all day because he is a Democrat. It has just gotten to the point where it is such a bunch of bullshit, it makes me sick.

I hope the New York Times' financial problems go unfixed and that they go out of business. I extend the same wish to all the right wing douchebag media outlets.
                I can't believe they are able to publish half of what they write.

Biased media should be regulated by non-jewish, open minded, college educated professors that teach Geology.
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

i just put 26 bucks into my truck today at 3.46 a gallon. I only plan to drive my truck when the weather doesn't permit me to ride my bike to work.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                    I can't believe they are able to publish half of what they write.

Biased media should be regulated by non-jewish, open minded, college educated professors that teach Geology.

It is a shame, on both sides of the fence. There isn't even an attempt to sound neutral half of the time anymore.

Comment

someone on here should make a hybrid-retrofit DIY, that would be awesome lol

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

It is a shame, on both sides of the fence. There isn't even an attempt to sound neutral half of the time anymore.
                        I was listening to NPR today and someone had the audacity to claim the station as "Independent Radio".

wow.
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I can see the use of nuclear power but that poses more hazards with terrorists nowadays. It is also not really cheap to get them setup. Then you also have the "environmentalists" that are against it. But I do agree environmentalists are lil bitches in society that have nothing else better to do. Thats just me. I can name other sorts of deals that pollute the earth with autos and so on. Either way that dude makes me laugh he has valid points though. So if farmers keep on growing corn that means corn prices should be going down. I am gonna go make me some soup now.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It could be 10.00 a gallon and we would still HAVE to get gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              It could be 10.00 a gallon and we would still HAVE to get gas.
                              but no one would pay it, they will be riots everywhere if that happend, I mean a 140 a tank? yeah.....right

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

many environmentalists are actually in favor of nuclear power because it doesnt emit as much CO2 into the air but you do have a point about the terrorism part.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Working...
                                X