Rant/Factoids about gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant/Factoids about gas

I was just updating my mpg spreadsheet I've been working on and the numbers indicate, that with my last fill up, yesterday, it was

$3.74 - the most I've ever paid for a gallon of gas in my life
    $52.35 - the most I've ever paid for a tank (and that's just 14 gallons!)
    and it now costs me 17 cents per mile to drive, the most ever in my accord!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

i agree w/ u on both points. i think he has had a few possible involvements in record highs. plus thats why im not going w/ a h22a for right now. i might cave later although. i like the redline on a h22a too much, lol

Comment

Don't let owequitit catch that, he'll be along to start typing out a page long diatribe on why you're wrong

Bush did it? I don't think so, not directly intentionally at the least

the war? Ehh, how about its effect on arab relations? Or how about the changes after katrina?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

im gonna get ass raped filling up this ford ranger soon. my friend only likes cheveron in it as well.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well I have been using premium for the last 4.5 years in my Accord. I know they are designed to run on regular, but the few times that I used regular, a full tank lasted me like 3 days (4 at the most). Using premium last me about a week depending on driving habits during the week. Anywhere from 6-8 days. 9 days is a miracle. So it has been worth it to use premium. Now I go through about $55 (cost of a full tank, maybe $57 now) of gas a week. I definately feel your pain. I am broke as... Yea I think we are all pissed about the gas situation.

Edit: One a stronger note, gas has basically tripled over the past 6 years.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 04-27-2008, 03:44 AM.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Greed and the fact that oil is a non-renewable energy source caused prices to jump up.

Imagine.....If gas was $0.90, would you ever want to change your energy source? No, financially, that wouldn't make sense.

Now that gasoline is nearing $4 a gallon, we're up in arms trying to find cheaper and more renewable energy sources.

Who's to blame? Consumers.

We have the most abundant resource on our planet, or rather the universe, available to us and we still want to exploit fossil fuels?
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

SUV drivers egg this on and the gorvernment tax on gas shoot the price up as well. Another rising problem is food prices. Doesn't help either that the left is brainwashing everyone about the "harm" to the enviroment, driving up the prices of food because of the recent demand of certain foods as a fuel resource.

Comment

yeah a lot of my friends who drive Civics or other imports keep telling me to swap over to the H22a already but i keep telling them, i can't afford gas as it is now.

Comment

DAMN U GUYS!!!1 hahahah now i gotta think about holding back on gettin my h22. Sheit i agree with u guys big time and now ahhh dammit.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

i remember when i first started driving gettin premium in my 3800SC bonneville for 1.09 at the max and im only 23...

Comment

I have both a h22 accord and a f22 accord. The price in the long run doesn't really even have an effect on my budget. You need to buy it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                        . guess what? the US gets their oil from Iraq and Iran. the US doesnt even use their own oil for gas making.
                        hate to break it to ya but most of our crude oil comes from canada..

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I love how everyone complains that the H22 wastes so much gas.

The only reason the H22 will waste gas is if you're always driving in VTEC. Deevergote gets 28 mpg highway with his motor.

My F22a Accord could never top 24-25 mpg, and rarely got 320 miles to a tank. My current car gets 20-21 mpg consistently, but requires more expensive gas.

Sure you'll be paying more for the gas itsself, but it's not a fuel economy issue.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                            My big question in this argument is how has the price of gas gone up so much, but a quart of motor oil has stayed relatively the same, the oil in both comes from the same place, so my bet is the cost of fuel is based on oil companies gouging us yet again.

Comment

My H22 gets better gas mileage than AccordWarrior's F22 did... Considerably better (6-8mpg better without driving like a granny...). Both engines were in about the same condition. The cost of premium is a killer, though.

My GTP gets 22-23mpg (I gained 1mpg from installing my intake!). It takes premium, and has an 18 gallon tank. My next fillup will cost me over $60. I filled it 4 times last week.

I'm thinking I should scrap the turbo idea and figure out a way to hook up a hybrid system to my 3rd gen! (that would be rad)

Comment

Working...
                              X