RANT: F**king Junk Yards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANT: F**king Junk Yards!

Why is it that everytime I go to the yards and need a part, the sometimes charge as much as the dealer. I mean c'mon. I went to a yard to get a wiring harness off of a newer Honda to wire in the factory CD player and they charged me $25. I found out later that day that I could have gotten an aftermarket one for $10 bucks. And to make matters worse, the dumb chick who I was seriously 'bout to trash, had the nerve to interrogate me about where my CD player came from. I was pissed. Then she had the exact same one, and I asked her how much did she want for it and she said $150. I can get a nice aftermarket one for that. Is it me or does it sound like I am being cheap. I DON'T want to be a cheap person. Just a lil' upset. I just notice that here on this board, people always find stuff at yards cheap. That stuff don't never happen to me. Furthermore, they wanted to charge me $2500 for a H22 with 89,000 miles without and LSD tranny. Also they wanted to charge me $200 for some stock headlights. Is it me or what? Are these the going prices?
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Sounds like you found an expensive yard... We'll go to some that I know... much better.

Is it a U Pull kinda deal, or do they get it for you? The They Pull yards are always more.

Comment

nah man junk yards seem to be raising their prices on certain things. EGR valves, the intake I bougt from 'em.

They don't give but like what...100 for a whole car...then they sell the whole engine, no garuntee on it, for 3-400? And still jack up the prices...might just be us...

do you live in a rural area? Where I live choices are slim on junk yards, there are maybe three within ok driving distance of me.
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
        do you live in a rural area? Where I live choices are slim on junk yards, there are maybe three within ok driving distance of me.
        No, I live in Philly where Passyunk Ave. have about 50-60 yards. They all work together. So if you need a part and don't buy it from there, they send it out over the scanner. They all have the scanners and use the same frequency.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Thats crazy I was at a you pull and pay the other week and some guy was paying 200 for a H22A4. Every motor in the yard is 200 no matter what year or model the car is. They give you a 30 return policy weather it works or not you can bring it back and get your money back.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

You are supposed to bargain.

They say a high number, hoping that what you say in return is higher than what they ACTUALLY have in mind.
            Last edited by turbomaxx; 04-26-2008, 04:50 PM.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
              its the same for me, nearest pick and pull to me is 100miles. and nearest jy worth going to is 25mins away but i still got set of headlights for 30, and few relays for 5 (all of them for 5) and they let u can small stuff like the side front bumper mounts for free. also got a cracked 9293 grill for free. now ill make a g square like grill

Comment

Originally posted by customchord
                Thats crazy I was at a you pull and pay the other week and some guy was paying 200 for a H22A4. Every motor in the yard is 200 no matter what year or model the car is. They give you a 30 return policy weather it works or not you can bring it back and get your money back.

which one was this dood? i got to a U Pull and Pay on seymore ave but i've never seen any preludes newer than a 91.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                  its the same for me, nearest pick and pull to me is 100miles. and nearest jy worth going to is 25mins away but i still got set of headlights for 30, and few relays for 5 (all of them for 5) and they let u can small stuff like the side front bumper mounts for free. also got a cracked 9293 grill for free. now ill make a g square like grill
                  Yeah i was so happy that I found all my a6 parts, went to all the yards that had any honda's...only three...but there are two that have a SHIT load of accords...all a1's though not even one a4! Damn tubular manifold!

No ludes though, two civics...and one seriously stripped integra HA HA

Originally posted by Straight Success
                  No, I live in Philly where Passyunk Ave. have about 50-60 yards. They all work together. So if you need a part and don't buy it from there, they send it out over the scanner. They all have the scanners and use the same frequency.
                  Wow, that has potential to be a very usefull tool for you...buuuut...also the potetial to really really suck...if you piss 'em off
                  ____

Comment

Yea all by me are a ripoff.

ebay is your best bet for real.

Comment

me and deev know that harry's u pull it is overpriced on some things.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

go to the pick and pull in Mt. Airy, MD. everything is one price. motors, trannys, headlights, everything. no matter what car its from. if the smallest thing like a lip for $20-30 or shift knob cost me more than like $10 ill go somewhere else.

Comment

scrap is up to $15/cwt, pretty much the highest its ever been and its gonna keep going up. so junkyards have to pay more for their cars, and theyre gonna start raising their prices.

My uncle owns two junkyards here in PA. none that are "u-pull-it" types, but i do check for good stuff everytime i get down there.
                          2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

i better hurry and find a fly wheel and get the rest of my peddles.

Comment

I've never paid more than $50 in one sitting from a junkyard.

Of course, if it fit in my pocket, it came out in my pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X