fraud detection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fraud detection help

i saw a 94 integra GSR on cars.com last week for $2400, so i emailed the seller for more pics to see if there were any defects and i got no reply. in less than a day i the car was removed frm the site. then today i checked my email i go this

Hi there,

I must apologize for the delay in response, but I'm literally overwhelmed by the number of offers.
    I have recently relocated to Salerno, Italy.
    The car is here as well. I can and will arrange transportation to US for FREE at your home address and full insurance during shipping!!!
    As you probably noticed, the price is rather low.
    But since it's a US registered vehicle, will cost me a fortune to register here so i decided to sell it back in US.
    Genuine reason for sale: the registration of the car here will cost me up to $5,000.00
    Due to amount involved, I only accept third party protection offered by the shipping company.
    The car is in excellent condition, clear title, the engine is immaculate, no leaks, no accidents, no dents or hidden defects. I have uploaded some info and pictures with the car here: http://www.geocities.com/mulcahey_m/acura/integra.html
    I am willing to let the car go for $2,400.00
    I have my US cell phone with me so if you want to call me, you can find me at # (i removed it)
    Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with further details regarding the transaction.

Thank You !

does it sound legit?

No, but you really didn't need us to tell you, did you? Keep looking!

Comment

nah, dude it costs like a grand to ship a car from italy... that means he only wants 1400 for it.. bull shit. dont talk to him, why wouldnt you just find a local teg?

Comment

i should tell him i will pay when the car gets to my house

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
          nah, dude it costs like a grand to ship a car from italy... that means he only wants 1400 for it.. bull shit. dont talk to him, why wouldnt you just find a local teg?
          this car was listed in illinois and then removed frm cars.com.

i tried finding another teg and they are allll over priced. like a 90 sedan for $2600 with 160k miles.... scew dat. so i will keep lookin

Comment

if it's too good to be true... it is.
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Anyone who is out of state and requires you to pay shipping you ignore right away.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I saw a similar scam like recently, I think it was another member here who was also wondering the same thing. And the e-mail from the seller was almost identical...

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                  I saw a similar scam like recently, I think it was another member here who was also wondering the same thing. And the e-mail from the seller was almost identical...
                  lol did the guy relocate to Italy too?

Comment

Working...
                  X