Tiger vs Hmotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger vs Hmotors?

Tiger Japanese has really good pricing plus shipping is quite cheap since im in ohio. but ive heard good and bad about them.

Vs Hmotors everyone seems to love them, lol. but their shipping prices are over double and h22a is 450buxs more than Tiger. just h22 longblock

is it worth paying the difference? whats ppls experiences plz.

Tiger H22

Hmotors H22
    Last edited by kc8enb07; 04-22-2008, 04:21 AM.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    Tiger Japanese has really good pricing plus shipping is quite cheap since im in ohio. but ive heard good and bad about them.

Vs Hmotors everyone seems to love them, lol. but their shipping prices are over double and h22a is 450buxs more than Tiger. just h22 longblock

is it worth paying the difference? whats ppls experiences plz.

Tiger H22

Hmotors H22
    I know this is not a lot of help today but my h22 I ordered from Tiger will be delivered tomorrow. Believe me I thought long and hard about ordering from Canada.
    Searched this forum in depth about Tiger and others. I really did not find any major problems with Tiger. Anybody that had anything negative to say were people who had NOT actually got a engine from them. TROLLS.
    Anyway when it arrives I will check the fluids to see what they look like. It will take untell this weekend to get it on a stand.
    When I do I will do a leak down. Covers and pan will be removed for further inspection.
    I agree the price difference is substantial and I expect the Tiger engine to be the SAME as the other sellers.
    With a vehicle that is not going to fetch a resale price like anything I have into it price is somewhat of a concern.
    If you are a big worrier than you may feel better spending more.
    Last edited by Old School; 04-22-2008, 06:21 AM.
    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Take a look at Japan Star, I know of one person on here who bought his and from what he told me they're pretty reputable.

I'm hoping to purchase one soon myself since they're only 2 hours away from me I can just go with $$ in hand.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

there is a bunch of threads about this already. Neither of them make or rebuild the motor so if you get a good motor there is absolutely no difference. All the Lemmings that don't have an h22a or have ordered from hmotors will tell you because you get what you pay for. I ordered from tiger Japanese's and at the time I ordered it was about half the price because of the free shipping and if you call them you can negotiate the price. No issues with the motor everything was prefect besides a broken dist cap. Took about two days. And I had more money for mods

Comment

hmo, have had quite a few motors come in from them for buddies, all of em top notch. Idk if specificity has anything to do with how good a place is, but hmo only deals in honda parts. Maybe the cost is more, but I trust them for all of my JDM honda motor needs .

I got to choose my specific h22a, ended up getting one with a RS*R header.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
            there is a bunch of threads about this already. Neither of them make or rebuild the motor so if you get a good motor there is absolutely no difference. All the Lemmings that don't have an h22a or have ordered from hmotors will tell you because you get what you pay for. I ordered from tiger Japanese's and at the time I ordered it was about half the price because of the free shipping and if you call them you can negotiate the price. No issues with the motor everything was prefect besides a broken dist cap. Took about two days. And I had more money for mods

x222 its been covered a million times. some people go tiger some people go hmotors.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

http://www.jdm-online.com/index.php?...products_id=51

JDMONLINE!

me personally...Id roll with the F20B.

http://www.jdm-online.com/index.php?...products_id=50

you'd more than likely...would have to get a H22 OBD1 dizzy and OBD1 injectors.

change over all the OBD1 components from a OBD1 H22..in order to make this work...

*** Id have to refer to ( ALMOSTJDM ) "Mycal " about this ..he did a F20B swap..so Id have to ask him for double reassurance.
              Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 04-22-2008, 05:28 PM.
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

i got mine from tiger only cause of the price i could afford it. HMO has bee around longer and is more talked about then tiger. Some people have had bad experiences with tiger just the same as with HMO. From personal reserch the both have well reputations and are great to work with. Tigers customer service was great when i called and had to order mine and a friend of mines H22.
                Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

but lance's blew up 3 hours after installation ... but to anyone ordering H22s be sure to check the warrantry info before you order ... alot of companies get away with shipping bad motors because 90% of us install the motors ourselves or have friends that do it which in most cases void warrantry. the companies that you get your motor from have no way of knowing if the motors are truely good ... just like us they order from a company over seas and all they know is compression is good and the motor is solid anything else is up in the air ... its a tuners worst nightmare to order their motor and have arrive, installed, and then find out its bad

on a + side i think at least 80% of motors are good that are ordered ... everyone should do the following ... do your own compression test before installation ... check timing belt at the very least ... mine looked fresh and the valve cover had been removed and looks like the 30K maintaince was done to it recently before i received (mine was supposed to have under 40K miles) i would recomend changing the timing belt and if you do change timing belt convert to manual tensioner, change your plugs and wires, change valve cover gasket, and anything and i mean anything that doesnt look good or worries you

Comment

I think HMO would be more willing to give you assistace if say you get a motor with metal shavings in the pan. Thats why people say Hmotorsonline. But still maybe a local importer would be the better solution as far as shipping and stuff. But if your in the boondocks. Oh yeah I think tiger says they will import ANY motor as requested I dont think Honda Motors Online does this,

Comment

ya his motor did blow but also thats cause the oil drain plug fell out as he was driving back so he lost all the oil...thats what actually happened so i'm not totally sure it was cause he got a crappy motor..and once we had all his stuff tore apart we realized the TB was new and so were the plug wires and plugs were good..as well as once i took mine apart and checked it. All my stuff has been checked once i got back home and it all checked out. Over all i'm happy with my motor
                      Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

ok so the oil plug fell out? nice ... and since he couldnt wait to get the exhaust and O2 sensor done he didnt know it was throwing a code because it hade an O2 seosor code 41 already ... well i hope his next motor fairs better ...

Comment

i ordered my h22 from Tiger.
                          it was missing the vtec oil pressure switch.
                          and the iab's plug was broke, but no big deal on thouse.

plus there motor do not include ecu or tcu.
                          they cost like 150-200 extra.
                          Last edited by smokeeey420; 04-22-2008, 08:03 PM.
                          FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                          My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

I got mine from HMO. Clean just like it came from the factory!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36

I got mine from HMO. Clean just like it came from the factory!

beautiful engine man

Comment

Working...
                              X