some guy said he can go 509miles on a full tank

or 820 km

http://forums.torontoaccords.com/viewtopic.php?t=15098

heres the thread....

im f22a1 on that boards.

i got flamed!!! hahaahha
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Yes I think you should get flamed. he has a dx 5 speed (canadian lx) the lightest possible model, not lowered or bigger rims or anything so the alignment should be fine and you know the wheels aren't going to be affecting gas mileage. f22 powered in my heavy ex with lots of negative camber and big wheels I can get 450 all highway. best I personally pulled was 480 but its definetly possible. and I can still pull 400+ with my very short 5th gear usdm h22 putting me at about 4000 rpms going 70. and there are still other possibilites that can affect gas mileage that could be in his favor. like tire pressures, brakes, traffic, etc. anyways to conclude my long paragraph I think it is very possible, especially with topping off the gas tank first and letting it get very low.
    HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      damn.....100% interstate with my h22a, running hard but still a consistent 4000rpm with bursts of 120mph to pass traffic, i got right at 300 miles......it wasn't all the way dry, but below an 1/8th....i personally like it to get no lower than 1/4, but when you're on the road, what can you do.....thing is, in town, i still get over 250 miles on 3/4-7/8 tank.....my foot be heavy
      I'm with you man, I couldn't see 500 miles to a tank unless my car was in tow for 250 of those miles. I see the same numbers you do and probably drive much like you do.

Maybe we're just assholes or something.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yea Im talking just straight highway driving, no braking, not even any turns. thats basically what my trip to school. and this is just cruising at 70 the whole way. I mean dont get me wrong I open it up sometimes, but for a long trip like that I dont mess around anymore. tickets
        HSHO #3

Comment

Damn. If this guy is serious thats awesome.

He must put it in neutral or something down hills and shift at 2k.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

ive got 520 on a tank before...well i didnt but my mom did when she used my car to go to portland for a business thing and her car was fucked up. she shifts at like 2300 and is NEVER hard on it so yeah its possible. that was right when i got my car with stock rims, suspension, etc.

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Yup... I can believe it... I used to drive from Portland to San Jose. On the way back for one trip, I got 300 miles on half a tank of gas. Averaging about 80 mph, on I-5. My car has an auto, and is completely stock.
              1992 Honda Accord LX 2DR Auto

Comment

yea ive had 400+ on my dx with not even trying. i dont know about my heavy ass EX though?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

got about 480 with a gallon or two left coming back from florida to pa....
                  so possible

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                  www.maketradefair.com

Comment

my bro's got a 96 jeep cherokee 4.0 i-6 with a 20 gallon tank that he drives the shit out of and gets 250 miles, if hes lucky. he always gets pissed when i talk about how i spend maybe $20-25/week on gas and hes spending 40

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

thanks for the responses ladies...

500+ miles maybe POSSIBLE,

i envy u if u can
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Possible!

http://forums.torontoaccords.com/viewtopic.php?t=15210

Jacek aka "Polish Prince"
                        '03 Mazda Protege5 SE
                        '90 Honda Accord EX ***SOLD***

Comment

oh no... here we go again

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

most i ever got on my civic on a tank was like 330 ... usually get around 300.

Anyways, my moms 91 accord ex is fucked up ... my rents cant drive or something they get like 18 mpg with the complelty stock f22 on a manual tranny.

Comment

many factors can affect gas milage in NEGATIVE ways...

simple stuff like tire pressure, rolling ressistance, dragging parking brake, improper alignment, roof racks or the ever trendy "park benches"... bursts of heavy acceleration...

one very COMMON problem on all F series engines is the EGR port residue. some people spend 100's of $$$ to repair, buying new EGR valves and such.

Honda issued a recall on this a while back (Honda Canada at least) and the repair/upgrade requires 6 new EGR port caps and couple of hours...

what you need to do is to drill out the old port caps, clean the ports (using wire like the dry cleaning hangers) and tap in new port caps.

I know some Honda techs that done this service on the 4th gens they would buy for themselves... the result would be milage increas of at least 100km (60miles) to a tankful.

I think safe conclusion is that "spirited" driving, not perfect tune of the engines and heavy city driving (idling, traffic lights, passing, engine braking) usually add up to about 350 miles/tank.

Relaxed highway cruise should net a milage close to 500 mile mark (including the "reserve light")...

cheers!

Jacek aka "Polish Prince"
                              '03 Mazda Protege5 SE
                              '90 Honda Accord EX ***SOLD***

Comment

Working...
                              X