how do you pick a door lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you pick a door lock

im talking about the easy door locks inside of your house.... like with the round hole..i think there is like a straight key and the end is shaped like a flat head screwdriver.. any ideas...wire coat hanger?.. ??? ??

any around the household items

what would macgyver do?
    wwmd?

Did you lock yourself out of the bathroom or what? Sounds like that is the kind of lock that you are describing.. Mine can simply be unlocked with a fingernail.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
      Did you lock yourself out of the bathroom or what? Sounds like that is the kind of lock that you are describing.. Mine can simply be unlocked with a fingernail.
      well my bedroom.. i was thinking bobby pin...

Comment

Any pics of the lock? If the key is shaped like a flat head, why not use a flat head?

Safety Pin, Bobby Pin, Paperclip?

Comment

if you can take the pins of of the hinges and take the door down that way

later

Comment

I got good using butter knifes.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
              Any pics of the lock? If the key is shaped like a flat head, why not use a flat head?

Safety Pin, Bobby Pin, Paperclip?
              got it.. thanks to roomates. .. he put a flat piece of metal in and turned counter clockwise

Comment

I use 2 paper clips, or a paper clip and a hairpin

what you have to do is maintain a turning force while pressing the pins up.

The reason it works is because locks are not built perfectly, there is a hair thin distance between each tumbler and the cylinder. when you press one pin up and turn the cylinder it holds that pin in place, you go to the next one and so on. If you let go prematurely the pins will fall back and you'll be back to square one. They aren't necessarily going to be unlocked from the front one to the back one, sometimes it's the third one first, than the first, etc. It is done by feel, and partially by sound.

I'm not great at it, it can take me as little as one minute or as long as an hour.

I use one pin in a sort of L shape to provide the turning force, to act as a lever

the other pin needs to be able to fit in and press individual lock pins up, one at a time, so a shape sort of like ____________/

you'll have to make changes to get it to work well so it should be bendable without breaking, but it should be strong enough to apply force without bending when you don't want it to

there are write up's abound to help you learn, this is the internet after all

this is a pretty good one
                http://home.howstuffworks.com/lock-picking2.htm

edit-oh wait you already got it unlocked
                Last edited by accordaffair; 04-20-2008, 12:38 AM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair

________ /
                  \/

there are write up's abound to help you learn, this is the internet after all
                  thanks accord affair you even drew a diagram for me in ascii

the comment about the internet... i was doing google searches.. but my gf had the quickest solution ''bobby pin''..and my roomate had the quickest action small piece of metal...

i always get nuggets of golden info of this sight..!!!

remember the MIT guide to lockpicking... beyond the level it takes to open a simple door but still good info.. http://www.capricorn.org/~akira/home/lockpick/

Comment

Bobby pin or a tiny flat head.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                      thanks accord affair you even drew a diagram for me in ascii

the comment about the internet... i was doing google searches.. but my gf had the quickest solution ''bobby pin''..and my roomate had the quickest action small piece of metal...

i always get nuggets of golden info of this sight..!!!

remember the MIT guide to lockpicking... beyond the level it takes to open a simple door but still good info.. http://www.capricorn.org/~akira/home/lockpick/

i took out my little ascii drawing because the forum was taking out my spaces and it wouldn't draw right

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

that tool you tried to make with text is also referred to as a "rake"

Comment

bend a coat hanger to straighten it, open the door, then bend it back to make it a coat hanger again

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                          X