The "Big One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Big One"

So, yeah, I'm sure most everyone has heard about the earthquake in Illinois, yesterday.

If not, an earthquake with a 5.4 magnitude hit West Salem Ill at about 4:37am. It was said to have been felt as far as 450 miles away.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/..._earthquake_16

Well, it seems this has scientists, geologists and seismologists worried about the "big one". Apparently, the area that was hit Friday is on or near what is known as, "The Maverick Fault Line".

Now California and just about the entire Pacific SW are, and have been, prepping for this massive earthquake, for quite some time now. Im interested in everyone elses thought on this Midwest "Big One".

Strangly enough, i recall something, years ago, when i was still in grade school, about someone dreaming or predicting a massive earthquake that would follow the Missouri/Mississippi Rivers and possibly rock the nation.

Your thoughts?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

First of all Mike, I beat you too it... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=102429

I dont know about anything massive originating from the Midwest but I guess anything is possible.

Comment

my thoughts are that an earthquake MIGHT cause some crap to fall down and that cali may not be submerged but rather squished together but im no sismetioliogiuralisho gihad ist. but yeah it is kinda scarty

Comment

Pish, Not like cail is important anyway
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
          except for the fact that it's the 8th largest economy in the WORLD......

Cali has a higher GDP and buying power than most established developed countries.

i-can-believable...like a little girl.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I think the area that would be affect by a quke over there is near the dessert or something. I cant think of too many resources from a desert. Now if a quake or some natrual disaster were to touch the center of america where most of the food is grown yeah that would mess with us reall nice.

Comment

fault line near Missouri will make the rivers flow backwards... if it happens... it's going to suck major ass.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Thats the other part of it. Itd make the rivers flow backwards. Thats some scary shit

Mike, i know you beat me to it, but i was refering more to the whole "this might be an underlying problem" thing that geologist and seismologists are concerned about.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

instead of intakes and pistons we should invest in those boatcars or at least a jetski.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7

Just so you know, California hates the rest of the country

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                      except for the fact that it's the 8th largest economy in the WORLD......

Cali has a higher GDP and buying power than most established developed countries.

i-can-believable...like a little girl.

Seventh.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I felt it. Another thing was I dunno if another hit last night. I was playin some cs then my chair felt like it was jumping lol but I continued to pwn on CS lol.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          I felt it. Another thing was I dunno if another hit last night. I was playin some cs then my chair felt like it was jumping lol but I continued to pwn on CS lol.
                          Nail? Pwn in CS?

Best damn joke I've heard this year.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            maybe an aftershock or the 'shocker'

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                              Nail? Pwn in CS?

Best damn joke I've heard this year.
                              Pshh ranked 114 in the server I usually play at lol. It sucks that you get 2 pts per person and when a guy from the top rank kills you you lose 12 pts lol. I love that haha. and I think I am 200 away from the next person lol.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X