Pulled over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled over

i was cruising through morgan hill after dropping my gf off at work, and i see a cop two lights back. he sped up enough to be behind me and to the left(two lane road). he stops there and paces me for a little bit, then changes lanes and gets behind me. so of course, he pulls me over. asks, me if i know why i was pulled over. i told him i didnt have a clue. so he tells me i have a modified exhaust... i say, yes i do but its legal. and i show him this:

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/medalionhyper.asp

...specifically, this part of the page:

he looks at it for a minute, and says ok then. then he wants to know if i have any modified parts under the hood. i tell him i have an intake, but its got a carb sticker. i pop the hood and he looks at the aem intake, and says ok, you're good. he of course did NOT notice the ILLEGAL headers i have, since i painted them with hightemp black. walks away and says have a good day. he also mentions that i will probably get pulled over again because of the exhaust... eventhough i lived in morgan hill for a year and never got pulled over.
    Last edited by mozzandherb; 04-19-2008, 02:07 PM.

Very nice!

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

WTF!! Cal got some strict car laws
      I think they are just Tuner haters
      Glad to see you proved the "Law" that you were legal
      My CB For Sale

Comment

im so never goin to cali.... in my car

Comment

i was gonna say, cops in morgan hill? there's no such thing!
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
            WTF!! Cal got some strict car laws
            I think they are just Tuner haters
            Glad to see you proved the "Law" that you were legal
            It really is a tuner hating society.

I doubt they would pull over a Ferrari or Lambo with a modified exhaust.

But a Civic with a fart can and an intake is going to get a citation of some sort.
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Its funny how Cali got a billions tuners but still the laws are strict and being enforced.....so hence Cali tuners = Gangstas
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                i was gonna say, cops in morgan hill? there's no such thing!
                hahah, yea no shit. they do have a couple cops though. he must have seen me on his way to starbucks. thats all they do in that town.

Comment

on well... i guess we're not allow to say f*ck the police. thanks mods

Comment

Your Inspire is effing sexy man!

The medallion must sound great

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

Yeah well in MA anything NOT stock is ILLEGAL

I had the WS2 and I still got pulled over. I have the greddy SP2 AND I still got a ticket.
                      I hate MA. ugh!

Comment

sucks, probably some anal cop

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Yeah well in MA anything NOT stock is ILLEGAL

I had the WS2 and I still got pulled over. I have the greddy SP2 AND I still got a ticket.
                          I hate MA. ugh!
                          Yeah, but you drive like a dumbass.

I had WS2 for like almost 4 years and never had a single issue.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                            It really is a tuner hating society.

I doubt they would pull over a Ferrari or Lambo with a modified exhaust.

But a Civic with a fart can and an intake is going to get a citation of some sort.
                            some feel its a easy way to make qouta. others are just bitches. and most dont even bother cuz they looking for more serious crimes in which most cops need to be doin! a lot of people are getting killed here in Nor. cal and they're worry about illegal mods. to a car? ..... i feel ya pain mayne! i get pulled over all the time
                            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Yeah, but you drive like a dumbass.

I had WS2 for like almost 4 years and never had a single issue.
                              The STi is even louder!

I've never been stopped for my modifications. Once, I got stopped for someone ELSE'S exhaust. The cop thought it was funny when I asked him to describe the tone, and then revved my engine to show him it wasn't me He was cool.

I've been stopped and ticketed only in STOCK cars, oddly enough!

There are no rules saying you can't say "fuck the police". However, people (like me) get a little irritated when YOU are in the wrong, and the police are just doing their jobs. Honestly, the guy saw a modified exhaust. When you showed him that it was legal, he let you go... he was doing his job. If he gave you a ticket for it regardless, and said to show that to the judge... THEN he's being a dick.

Also, you had modified headers on your car. Headers change the exhaust note... and can make it louder. With your headers, you may no longer be below the legal decibel limit.

I can't say one way or the other, Shane... since I wasn't there. But the man was doing his job. From your story, it sounds as if he was doing it right (or not... since he didn't catch your headers...)

Comment

Working...
                              X