No announcement yet.

Pulled over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no way to describe my exhaust other than ive been told its more like a "coffee can", than a "fart can"

Had it for...2.5 years. All over Missouri, SW Arizona, Cali, and the entire 1600 mile trip from AZ to MO. Never been pulled over once for exhaust. I think its a combination of Cali's shitty "emo laws"(as i call them) and tuner-hating cops. He was doing his job, but had you not had the exhaust at all, he would not have pulled you over.

IMO, he(and most cops) think loud/big exhaust=trouble. Sadly, 1 bad apple has more than spoiled it for the bunch. But i still say that had you been rolling stock, he wouldve let ya be. But since he saw chrome-y, aftermarket goodness, he just had to see what you were up to.

And im assuming this was in the TL? If so, those things almost look like they have aftermarket exhaust anyway...

Oh well. You showed him that you were legal and he scoped your shit out and didnt have anything, so..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      There are no rules saying you can't say "fuck the police".s
      I edited the title that had "fuck the police" that is all. N.W.A FTMFW!

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Gotta love NWA!

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
        I have no way to describe my exhaust other than ive been told its more like a "coffee can", than a "fart can"

Had it for...2.5 years. All over Missouri, SW Arizona, Cali, and the entire 1600 mile trip from AZ to MO. Never been pulled over once for exhaust. I think its a combination of Cali's shitty "emo laws"(as i call them) and tuner-hating cops. He was doing his job, but had you not had the exhaust at all, he would not have pulled you over.

IMO, he(and most cops) think loud/big exhaust=trouble. Sadly, 1 bad apple has more than spoiled it for the bunch. But i still say that had you been rolling stock, he wouldve let ya be. But since he saw chrome-y, aftermarket goodness, he just had to see what you were up to.

And im assuming this was in the TL? If so, those things almost look like they have aftermarket exhaust anyway...

Oh well. You showed him that you were legal and he scoped your shit out and didnt have anything, so..
        If he didn't have the exhaust, the cop would have had no reason to stop him. That's like saying "if you weren't speeding, the cop wouldn't have stopped you."
        Yeah, he got stopped because the cop saw an aftermarket exhaust. He didn't get a ticket because the system was legal. That's how it works. I'm sure his car isn't common enough, especially modified, for the cop to be able to identify a legal exhaust from his cruiser.

Comment

where can i find the info for the greddy sp2....i also want to keep it handy if i get pulled over

thanks

Comment

i love pa. everything is legal, unless you drive with undercar neons on, then thats a different story. i had a full exhuast on my car. it sounded like straight pipes. when i raced and ran rich, everything behind me was in smoke. cops never cared, because i didnt drive like a dick.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              The STi is even louder!

I've never been stopped for my modifications. Once, I got stopped for someone ELSE'S exhaust. The cop thought it was funny when I asked him to describe the tone, and then revved my engine to show him it wasn't me He was cool.

I've been stopped and ticketed only in STOCK cars, oddly enough!

There are no rules saying you can't say "fuck the police". However, people (like me) get a little irritated when YOU are in the wrong, and the police are just doing their jobs. Honestly, the guy saw a modified exhaust. When you showed him that it was legal, he let you go... he was doing his job. If he gave you a ticket for it regardless, and said to show that to the judge... THEN he's being a dick.

Also, you had modified headers on your car. Headers change the exhaust note... and can make it louder. With your headers, you may no longer be below the legal decibel limit.

I can't say one way or the other, Shane... since I wasn't there. But the man was doing his job. From your story, it sounds as if he was doing it right (or not... since he didn't catch your headers...)

dude mike, we have here 5, 6 700 hp srt-4s that are alot louder than wrx's. no one cares
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
              X