Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Ferarris on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bus...e.ferraris.cnn

I, for one, hope that they catch these people. I saw a fake ferarri in Toronto once... I wanted to call the guy out on it. I KNOW it was a kit car. ... This annoys me
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

The new ricer is not a Type R civic its a Ferrari, with an I-4 form Honda.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Yeah, i saw that while i was at work today. The title was "Ferarri or Pontiac?"

And i was like "wtf....?" If you have an eye for details and really know what your looking for/at you can spot a fake, but if you glance quick, or dont know what to look for, they can get ya.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I hate replicas

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

From the outside, they're pretty much bang on.... usually.

Like they said, engine and inside would give it away... or the VIN

This jackass in Toronto was stopped at a light. I saw the prancing horse and was like... wtf?! I don't know that ferrari... wtf is it?! I'm telling you it was a fiero with some nonsense on it and a badge. I wanted to call him out on it... the next time I see a fake I will. What rubbish.

Enzo Ferrari and I have the same birthday... I take it personal
          My Car

Comment

i like the 355 front end on an MR2.....what a great way to enhance an already good looking car.

14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Fieros are EXTREMELY popular bases for exotic kit cars.

If I'm going to build a kit car, I'll build a real kit car... not a replica based on something else. Like the Factory Five Racing GTM car.

However, now that I'm thinkng F5R... their Cobra replicas are pretty damn nice...

Comment

People seriously thought that even looked close to a real Ferrari?

C'mon, the wheels are a dead giveaway. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 my entire life that would require a double take.

Comment

Don't forget, there are VERY many people in this world that haven't even seen a Ferrari in real life. Many people that know "yeah, Ferraris are good"... and that's the extent of it. If they have enough sense to recognize the logo, or the kit car has "Ferrari" on the back of it (I'd make mine say "Farrari" ) then they'd believe it.

There are actually quite a few around me, and a LOT up where I work. Real ones, that is. I pass them often.

I had an R34 with an aftermarket front bumper (unpainted ) pass me on a suburban street yesterday. I saw the cocky looking kid in the "driver's" seat and laughed... took me a minute to remember that i was looking at the passenger

Comment

lol

Yeah, as for fakes, I encourage everyone to call them out on it :P I sure plan on it if I see one again.
                    My Car

Comment

Definitely coulda fooled me

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I hate them with a passion. Kinda sucks though, even if you fooled a few people during the day, at the end of the day you go home knowing its really a pile of junk. I can always tell apart a real from a fake.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

i disagree. I would rather take a fully kitted "fake" ferrari with a S2k motor and have people look and wonder all day. Than have a authentic JDM EF8 with a Type R and Mugend out. But thats just me. I actually would like to buy one one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                            i disagree. I would rather take a fully kitted "fake" ferrari with a S2k motor and have people look and wonder all day. Than have a authentic JDM EF8 with a Type R and Mugend out. But thats just me. I actually would like to buy one one day.

Nah, I'd rather the ferrari.
                            My Car

Comment

i prefer the fake. just built the motor or rip out the engine from deev's GTP and build it and put it in the fake ferrari fiero. some of the speed, ALOTless money and still impress the chics who dont know any better. id be afriad to drive a real ferrari, some idoit would probably hit it

id like to build a F40 w/ a supercharged northstar in the fiero chassis. or if i can find a transaxle to fit it, put a built ls1

Comment

Working...
                              X