Clear All

more fantastic artwork

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24559

and

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351730,00.html

discuss.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Jesus....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

WTF?? This is not art. I can accept a lot of crap as art, but, deliberately impregnating one's self and then inducing miscarriage is not art. It is, however, a cry for some sort of professional help. I am having a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words at this point. This woman's actions sadden and disgust me. Even if, as Yale claims, she is only exercising "artistic creativity" her method of expressing her views and beliefs is beyond barbaric. IMO this is not art. Art does stimulate thought and reaction, but it also has merit and value. This is the demented action of someone with psychological problems. In the past she would have been institutionalized for her own good. This is vile and just because she calls herself an artist and gets shock value and attention from it, does not make it art. If I go out on the street and start stomping on puppies, claiming that the impressions my boots leave behind are statements on the cruelty of domesticating animals that should be free to live the way they want, does that make me an artist?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet
        WTF?? This is not art. I can accept a lot of crap as art, but, deliberately impregnating one's self and then inducing miscarriage is not art. It is, however, a cry for some sort of professional help. I am having a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words at this point. This woman's actions sadden and disgust me. Even if, as Yale claims, she is only exercising "artistic creativity" her method of expressing her views and beliefs is beyond barbaric. IMO this is not art. Art does stimulate thought and reaction, but it also has merit and value. This is the demented action of someone with psychological problems. In the past she would have been institutionalized for her own good. This is vile and just because she calls herself an artist and gets shock value and attention from it, does not make it art. If I go out on the street and start stomping on puppies, claiming that the impressions my boots leave behind are statements on the cruelty of domesticating animals that should be free to live the way they want, does that make me an artist?
        i completely agree with you, although the term "art" is very loose and open to almost any definition as long as the artist makes some sort of message with their work.

the whole thing is just really sick. there are other ways she could've approached the topic and made something else some other way to get her intention/point/whatever across. nothing in this piece that hasn't already been addressed, other than its sheer "shock value."

if someone did that at my school (mica) they'd most likely get kicked out.
        using any sort of body fluid other than saliva will get you in big shit.
        Last edited by Joshy; 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

gah....just plain sick...
          Last edited by stewie; 04-18-2008, 08:02 PM.
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie
            has anyone seen that facebook group about some spanish artist?!?!?!?!

what he did last year was he took a STRAY dog, put it in a room tied to a rope, and just a few feet out of the dogs reach, a large bowl of food....

people watched as the dog died of famine over a period of time....

absolutely disgusting, if i had seen that shit i would of straight up given that poor dog some food and a home.

hes trying to perform this "art show" again...theres a petition goin around to not allow him to do it.

yeah, thats also pretty messed up. he let the dog go in the end though.

i think he's the same guy who put a mountain lion and a deer together in the same room, this small studio, to watch what happened. but nothing happened because they were both scared shitless from being locked in a tiny white room by people.

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen
              yeah, thats also pretty messed up. he let the dog go in the end though.

i think he's the same guy who put a mountain lion and a deer together in the same room, this small studio, to watch what happened. but nothing happened because they were both scared shitless from being locked in a tiny white room by people.

yeah, it dawned on me that he DID let the dog go at the end...but that "art" got to me...so i edited my post so i couldnt jack the thread.
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

The only way I'd see it as "art" is if it IS a hoax. Her words almost sound like the subject is not repeated forced miscarriages, but her manipulation of the university itself.

And I'm sorry... there's something wrong with this girl. Not that she's making "art" out if self-induced miscarriages... but that she's artificially inseminating herself. That's like making a sculpture out of beer bottles, and dumping the contents of said bottles down the drain!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  The only way I'd see it as "art" is if it IS a hoax. Her words almost sound like the subject is not repeated forced miscarriages, but her manipulation of the university itself.

And I'm sorry... there's something wrong with this girl. Not that she's making "art" out if self-induced miscarriages... but that she's artificially inseminating herself. That's like making a sculpture out of beer bottles, and dumping the contents of said bottles down the drain!
                  definitely something odd with that brain chemistry of hers, deev.

and yes, that metaphor sums it up well.

...speaking of making sculptures out of booze bottles, a friend of mine was making sculptures out of 40s a couple years ago. they were pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X