Rebuilding calipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding calipers.

Alright so I got my NSX calipers back the other day after sending them off to be powder-coated.

I tried putting them together but ended up putting the ring seals in the wrong spots..so I switched them out and put them in the correct location.

Now the major p.i.t.a is the piston boots, no matter how hard I tried to get them in there they won't sit in the groove correctly.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had the chance to rebuild a caliper..this is pretty much the last hurdle and everything should be all set to get installed.

Can anyone help?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

I rebuilt mine last week and I had thar same prob so I ended up slipping the piston boot halfway over the piston before pressing the piston in. It seated itself properly when I pressed it all the way in. Hope this helps you.
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
      I rebuilt mine last week and I had thar same prob so I ended up slipping the piston boot halfway over the piston before pressing the piston in. It seated itself properly when I pressed it all the way in. Hope this helps you.
      I'm going to try and give it a shot...I so want this to be done so I move on and start the install process...

I found a site that seemed to be real informative though...nearly the same issue I'm dealing with too.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../calipers.html
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

x2
        i have done a few and this seems to work the best

good luck
        Members Ride

Comment

This method worked on one caliper piston I just put in...now it won't work the same way for the other...what other tricks are there.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
          X