Ok, time to upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, time to upgrade...

In the past day, I got 3 emails/IMs about people not getting their email confirmation thing to join the site.

I saw 6 spam posts in the Beginner Off Topic section deleted my ever-so-vigilant moderators... this morning.

I've had complaints of people having weird no-access errors.

We've had issues with PHP and MySQL due to the ancient software.

I hate change. I really do. I always said I'd stick with this old software until it becomes so outdated that it's a pain to use.

Well, that day has come. There are just too many problems with using this old software now. The world is moving on, and I must begrudgingly follow suit. So, expect this forum to be upgraded to the newest version of vBulletin very soon!

I'm going to have the guys at Pandemic Hosting perform this delicate operation. I'm fairly computer savvy, but I don't know enough to do such an upgrade... and I don't want to risk screwing something up! They should be able to get things done, up, and running in a few hours at most. Maybe in as short as an hour, if all goes smoothly (which it never does... )

SO... the problem is, as most of you know... I'm broke. I'm tapped. I'm poor.
    If it wasn't for donations and decal sales over the past 2 months, I'd have had trouble paying the hosting bill! (thanks to those that gave and purchased for that!)

As much as I don't want to do it, we need this upgrade... so I'm asking. I'm asking you guys, those that love this site, and benefit from its ever-growing content (and drama), to dig deep and send me a little dough to support the upgrade.

There are a couple thousand active members here. If everyone that is currently an active member on this site sent me $2, I'd be able to pay for the upgrade, a year's worth of hosting, and a plane ticket to Japan. However, I know everyone won't, or simply can't give. That's fine. However, if a handful of people that can spare even a few dollars lend me a hand, the cost should be covered quite easily!

I'm going to need about $250 to get everything done. That includes the software and the setup.

Any donations will be going to this upgrade. Please send whatever you can to help support this good cause via paypal to deevergote@comcast.net

As always, any donations will get you the Contributing Member status if you don't already have it.

i can't buy tiger or leopard to fix the mac, but i will donate!!!

Comment

Deeve, let me go put about 20 on my card, and Ill send it your way.

Nicole
      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

or.....

donate..

uhg fine. 20 bucks sent

Last edited by 501accord; 04-06-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

lol american eagle sweatshirt or Deev.....40.00 sent

Comment

Got to love this site. Here you go Deev, Paypal sent.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Thanks guys! At this rate, the upgrade will be paid off in no time!

I really appreciate it. I'm really hoping this new software will allow for much smoother operation, better spam protection, and a few other nifty options as well. I'll try to retain the same look (I know a lot of people don't like it... but it's what CB7tuner looks like! )

Comment

please, make it a Linux box!!!!

If you need any help at all, don't hesitate

Comment

Sent my donation.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

hey deeve! ..uh...i'll chip in too...just cant at the moment

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

donation sent
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Well instead of another bag of grass you got 20 from me man.
                        -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Even though I'm trying to build my F20B I would have no idea about what parts I should get without this site so I sent ya $30

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

w00t. Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm talking to Matt right now about upgrading. It'll probably be done one night this week.

Comment

woot sweet

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X