Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to import a JDM car... (formerly "how to become a registerd automobile importer")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man... screw Arnold. Elect Leno!!! He would make it great for the car guys! In fact, Leno for president!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      motor and tranny are still the same and mounted the same, and the shifter and clutch pedals are still like USDM just on the right side. 1st is up and to the left, and the clutch is on the left.
      To add to that: The turn signal and wiper stalks would be reversed on a RHD car.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

so since this thread is so sold, why don't we compile all the information into one large post and sticky that post as a FAQ, instead of keeping this thread around.

Comment

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...s/news027.html

well that SUCKS

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Well I knows its a dead thread revival BUT I did some reading because I was curious about how you'd go about importing a 4th Gen from Canada..(Id like to have a CDN that came standard with DRLs ) although its the same exact car what would have to change for it to conform to US standards?

But at any rate I came across a list that had been updated in July of 2006, theres a complete list for some 47 States with a list of imports who are qualified to (well some anyway) to do the following:

1. Willing to modify vehicles imported from Canada
            2. Willing to modify vehicles imported from other countries
            3. Willing to modify passenger cars
            4. Willing to modify multipurpose passenger vehicles (e.g., vans, SUVs)
            5. Willing to modify light duty trucks
            6. Willing to modify medium and heavy duty trucks
            7. Willing to modify trailers
            8. Willing to modify buses
            9. Willing to modify motorcycles
            10.Willing to petition NHTSA for an import eligibility determination

Its a complete list of registered importers within the continental 49 states, of which only 23 states have qualified R.I with the services they provide (the number list, appears next the to R.I address and contact #'s)

NHTSA R.I list
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i think the laws here are not too bad. in jamaica the car cant be over 3 years old.
              i know ppl who have been importing clips and piecing them together for years using vins from similar totaled cars. (but this is very illegal and it started a car stealing frenzy) so no one really does that anymore

but returning residents and students can import 1 vehicle of any a year that has been titled in their name for more than 6 months.

S2K

Comment

thankfully there are some shops here in florida that do all that for you. i think titan motorsports usually sell a few left over cars they dont use. last time i saw a modded celica all trac for like 7k. if only i had the money *sigh*

miami is filled with one of my favorite cars..the nissan pulsar gtir!

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

wow talk about reviving a thread from the dead.
                  1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                  4.0L I-6 2WD
                  293k miles, still running strong.
                  Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Working...
                  X