my CB9 got in a crash today >:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my CB9 got in a crash today >:(

& it sucks. I was driving down the road near my house. about 1 car length from the car in front of me. at the same time there was these 2 pick-ups besides me on the left (I was on the far right). when I get near my road (about one light away) the 2nd pick-up that was behind the other desides to turn into my lane.

so he quickly jumped into my lane. I tryed stopping & turning to the right a bit but the curb was right there. & my cb9 cant stop all that quickly. so the right rear of his pick-up bed hit the front right fender of mines. as soon as that happed I beeped at him & flashed my high beams for him to stop.

but he didnt so I followed him in to the community (the sameone as mine). as soon as I saw that the road was clear I got besides him & rolled my window & told him that he hit my car. he tryed denying it & tryed driving away. so I stepped on the gas & got in front of him & stopped. keeping him from driving away again.

he got out of the car & I showed him the damage on my CB. he said he didnt fell anything. I didnt want to get the cops/insurance involved. so I wrote his info down on paper. I got his pick-ups vin#, his address that was on his insurance card, the name that was on it. & his name & his cell number. heres what the damage looks like, I took these pics at his house.

the side of my fender. its pushed in from the middle of the tire to the front. also the amber corner light has a crack & white paint on it.

another view of the fender. also it seams like his rear bumper pulled the front/lower section of my fender out & foward a bit. cuz as you can see the top of the bumper is sticking out. & the corner light seems to be sticking out a bit.

the mark of my wagons paint on his pick-up. its a dodge ram btw. & in the back ground is my CB9.

I told him I was going to the JY tomarrow to buy all the parts he f-ed up & he agread that he was going to pay for it. Im gunna have to get the complete F/L-fender, corner light, & the fender ligning. & tomarrow morning Im gunna have a close look at the damages. this f-ing sucks.

Id like to know what are my opptions if he refuses to pay up.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Originally posted by Night Wolf
    & it sucks. I was driving down the road near my house. about 1 car length from the car in front of me. at the same time there was these 2 pick-ups besides me on the left (I was on the far right). when I get near my road (about one light away) the 2nd pick-up that was behind the other desides to turn into my lane.

so he quickly jumped into my lane. I tryed stopping & turning to the right a bit but the curb was right there. & my cb9 cant stop all that quickly. so the right rear of his pick-up bed hit the front right fender of mines. as soon as that happed I beeped at him & flashed my high beams for him to stop.

but he didnt so I followed him in to the community (the sameone as mine). as soon as I saw that the road was clear I got besides him & rolled my window & told him that he hit my car. he tryed denying it & tryed driving away. so I stepped on the gas & got in front of him & stopped. keeping him from driving away again.

he got out of the car & I showed him the damage on my CB. he said he didnt fell anything. I didnt want to get the cops/insurance involved. so I wrote his info down on paper. I got his pick-ups vin#, his address that was on his insurance card, the name that was on it. & his name & his cell number. heres what the damage looks like, I took these pics at his house.

the side of my fender. its pushed in from the middle of the tire to the front. also the amber corner light has a crack & white paint on it.

another view of the fender. also it seams like his rear bumper pulled the front/lower section of my fender out & foward a bit. cuz as you can see the top of the bumper is sticking out. & the corner light seems to be sticking out a bit.

the mark of my wagons paint on his pick-up. its a dodge ram btw. & in the back ground is my CB9.

I told him I was going to the JY tomarrow to buy all the parts he f-ed up & he agread that he was going to pay for it. Im gunna have to get the complete F/L-fender, corner light, & the fender ligning. & tomarrow morning Im gunna have a close look at the damages. this f-ing sucks.

Id like to know what are my opptions if he refuses to pay up.
    Good call getting his info as he was already denying it.

If he refuses to pay(hed be an idiot to do that) your options really have to involve the police/insurance ALTHOUGH you might be fucked as i don't think you can try to solve it on your own and then claim he doesn't want to pay up since i believe your suppose to notify them asap but i could be wrong.

Damn doesnt look too bad i just hope he doesnt give you a hard time. GL!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      Good call getting his info as he was already denying it.

If he refuses to pay(hed be an idiot to do that) your options really have to involve the police/insurance ALTHOUGH you might be fucked as i don't think you can try to solve it on your own and then claim he doesn't want to pay up since i believe your suppose to notify them asap but i could be wrong.

Damn doesnt look too bad i just hope he doesnt give you a hard time. GL!!!!!!!

thanks dude, I hope he doesnt either

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Damn gus...like ralphie stated it doesnt look bad at all...good call on getting his info..make sure all his documents are valid though..
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

The jerkoff already tried to hit and run you, already tired to deny it. I would be real supprised if this J.O. cooperates. IMO you made a mistake not calling the cops. Judges have a name for people like you "plaintiffs".
          Good luck. Really.
          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

I didnt want to get the cops/insurance involved.
            why the hell not? the guy hit and runs you, lies straight to your face, and you were not at fault by any stretch of the imagination. you should have called a cop to the spot immediately, given a statement against this asshole and after all that was done taken your car to a body shop, get an estimate, and make the fucker pay out the ass for it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

accordtypeR=well he handed me his insurance card & thats where I go this info. plus I know where he lives. thats where I took the pics

Old School=I hope it doesnt lead to that.

steelbluesleepR=well I heard stories of people who have & the insurance making their car as "totaled" because the repairs were more than the value of the car. I didnt want that to happen. but trust me if the damage would have been worser I would have.

Comment

if he doesn't pay up let me know. i'll send my boy down there to take care of his damaged windows

Comment

And Felipe dont play!

damn bro, sucks about the fender and all, but it should be an easy fix man...

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

should be easy, but better find out, you get like two days to file so it's today or no go with the ins companies. But if you got his ins number you dont' even need to talk to him to file, and it's less than $500 worth of damage (well diff state but here you don't need a cop so it's not gonna screw you) so you can file with his ins company without talking to him if you want to. but you have to do something with in 48hrs legally from what I Remember from my little incident a year ago..
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Better hope he doesn't go to the cops and report it. Then you're in the wrong. Little story time.....

My roomie get's hit. He stops, try's to find the car. Other guy is nowhere to be found. Roomie decides he's going to go about his errands and then go report it the next day (it was kind of late). He goes into report it next day, ends up getting arrested for leaving the scene of an accident. Turns out, other guy decided to report it first and told his version of what had happend. Roomie got it all sorted out, but not before spending the night in jail.

Moral of the story.... always get the cops involved, if for no other reason than to cover your own ass.

- Rob -
                      92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                      85 Toyota 4Runner
                      1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                      2008 HD 1200N
                      2009 HD 883N

Comment

my mom said the same thing, no matter how small the damage, always involve the police.

I remember when i had my '85 Accord, i was waiting to turn into my drive way when some lady in a van rear ended me. well i pulled forward and to the curb where she followed me to look for damage. since there was none on my car i let her go. she just had a few paint scuffs on her front bumper.
                        I told me mom and she gave me an ear full. she told me basically what the other guy above said, that she could have gone to the police and said i backed into her doing damage.

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
                          if he doesn't pay up let me know. i'll send my boy down there to take care of his damaged windows
                          oOo...shit....lol

but damn bro...sorry about what happen
                          MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

steelbluesleepR=well I heard stories of people who have & the insurance making their car as "totaled" because the repairs were more than the value of the car. I didnt want that to happen. but trust me if the damage would have been worser I would have.
                            thats right.....same thig happen 2 Pandaccord.
                            MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                              why the hell not? the guy hit and runs you, lies straight to your face, and you were not at fault by any stretch of the imagination. you should have called a cop to the spot immediately, given a statement against this asshole and after all that was done taken your car to a body shop, get an estimate, and make the fucker pay out the ass for it.

x2
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X