what do you guys know about audi a4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you guys know about audi a4's

i was looking at an audi a4 1.8t quattro for my next car and its an 01 and i was wondering what you guys know about these cars? cause i want something thats pretty decent for my d.d and idk much about these cars so any info is helpful

To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves.

the wagons are pretty sweet IMO

Comment

1.8T is the tuner motor.

Have fun with multiple random electrical problems. And to change the timing belt you basically have to take the whole front clip off, including radiator.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        1.8T is the tuner motor.

Have fun with multiple random electrical problems.
        sounds alot like volkswagen
        my neighbour had a jetta that he left the windows down while it was raining and sumthing in the door got wet and the car wouldnt start because it thought it was being stolen

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
          my neighbour had a jetta that he left the windows down while it was raining and sumthing in the door got wet and the car wouldnt start because it thought it was being stolen
          audi = vw

Comment

lol...all i know is that they look pretty

Comment

o and if u break a part ur ass is grass

Comment

I wouldn't suggest any German car as a DD.

But anything specific you want to know about them?

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
                  roflcopter.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Oh yeaa.. That car with the stolen Olympic logo. Yeaa it tells me something :P
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18

But anything specific you want to know about them?
                      well i read a decent anount of reviews on it, and half we "this car sucks a i fucking hate it" pretty much and the other half were "i love this car, its the best car i ever owned" so it left me with mixed feelings but i guess from reading what you guys wrote as well id be better off not getting it

To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87
                        Oh yeaa.. That car with the stolen Olympic logo. Yeaa it tells me something :P
                        funny one

Comment

Its an audi

Dont get it unless its got full 100% warranty.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

No offence, but this is a honda forum... what kind of a response did you think you were going to get?

Was 2001 that last year of that particular body style or was it 2000? hold out for the next body style, those are sexy.

As for the motor. pretty potent, but expect reliability to be one of its weak points. I'm not saying it will break down on you every month, but always be prepared.

go out and test drive as many cars as you can, don't settle on the audi. Look at some competitors you never know, you may end up liking them. I didn't like the saabs until I drove one....and now I can honestly say I'd hit one like babe ruth, bases loaded bottom of the ninth.

Comment

I like the audi s4 out of all of them. When they had the biturbo 6 not the v8. The A4 is alright. Lots of aftermarket support. There are some nice Audis that come out of APR in tx. They are a pretty reliable tuner car. What I would suggest is signing up onto audi forums and seeing if they have sticky on common problems with the car. Or you could even ask the forum and they might be able to give you a definite answer on TSB or what are things to look for. This is a Honda forum as already mentioned not a lot of people are going to know about the Audi unless you talk to someone that has had the experience of one. We had an old audi (dont remember which one it was) before my pops sold it (when I was still a lil kiddo). That thing was alright but I dunno what issues it had since I never paid attention lol. I had my tonka toy.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X