POLL - What car should I buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL - What car should I buy??

I've owned my CB7 since 1998. And now I think that time is approaching for me to retire from the "boy-racer" scene. I think I may just be getting old, but I'm starting to get tired of the loud exhaust rumble and unwanted police attention.

I mean sure it's fun to strap myself into my Sparco seat, grab my Momo steering wheel, and bang a gear until my speedometer arrow is pointing straight down, hearing my H22 scream at 8000 RPM under my CF hood. But it's time to mature to a safer, more luxury form of transportation. Time for an OEM Honda product that doesn't really stand out from the crowd, and doesn't scream "pull me over", time for something with A/C, heated seats, and a backseat for the kids.

Of course if I was made of money, my choices would be different. I would probably pick up a brand new RL Type SH AWD or even a new TL. But since my budget is limited, I'm looking at the 2 following vehicles ;

2003(ish) Honda Inspire [Acura TL Type S A-Spec]

---=== OR ===---

Honda Accord Euro R [Acura TSX]

PRO's and CON's

- The TL has a 3.2L V6 with more power than the 2.4L 4-banger in the TSX, but it will eat lots more gas.
    - The TL is very hard to find in manual, and the TSX is widely available in 6 speed. And I won't settle for an automatic car, EVER!
    - The TL has more room inside (and I'm 6'3"), but the TSX is smaller and better handling
    - Parts are probably cheaper for the TSX since it's in a different class
    - TL's go for an average $15,000, while the TSX averages at $22,000

What do you guys think???

PS. My CB7 will soon be up for sale. Make reasonable offers if interested.
    Honda Inspire - (Acura TL Type S A-Spec)
    45.16%
    Honda Accord Euro R - (Acura TSX)
    54.84%

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

OOPS, clicked the wrong button. I like the Euro. Looks more Aerodynamic.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I like the look of the TSX more in this case. Had you gave me the option of an 07 TL-S, i would've told you to get that one in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDing2R
        I mean sure it's fun to strap myself into my Sparco seat, grab my Momo steering wheel, and bang a gear until my speedometer arrow is pointing straight down, hearing my H22 scream at 8000 RPM under my CF hood. But it's time to mature to a safer, more luxury form of transportation. Time for an OEM Honda product that doesn't really stand out from the crowd, and doesn't scream "pull me over", time for something with A/C, heated seats, and a backseat for the kids.
        4 reasons why I wouldn't sell the cb , but I kind of know what you mean, damn I feel the same way right now since my car was robbed last night, but I voted for the TSX...really nice looking car IMO

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

euro .......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

they all look boy racer depending on the point of view.

get a truck and mob in some mud or wet grass (we did mad donuts on this park's landscaping after hours)
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              4 reasons why I wouldn't sell the cb , but I kind of know what you mean, damn I feel the same way right now since my car was robbed last night, but I voted for the TSX...really nice looking car IMO
              Sorry to hear that bro. I guess that's the risk we take by having rare and/or expensive aftermarket parts on our cars. Not to mention the vandalism that is done when your car gets broken into.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Neither, you cant get either one here.
                Keep lookin.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

TSX is nice. That year TL had trans issues also. Even though it costs more tsx is my choice.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I vote TL.

Comment

Deeve you of all people should know that those tls have trannies that came out of the garbage from the factory they replace those things at dealers all the time just search it. I voted tsx its a much nicer car in my mind plus it looks sportier.
                      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                        Deeve you of all people should know that those tls have trannies that came out of the garbage from the factory they replace those things at dealers all the time just search it. I voted tsx its a much nicer car in my mind plus it looks sportier.
                        Yeah, but the trannies are under recall... If it hasn't already been repaired/replaced, it can be.

The OP said something about a manual transmission on the TL. There weren't any in the US, but were there in Canada, or Japan (if you're importing... not sure how easy it is to import newer in Canada). If there is a manual transmission for it (it'd be the same thing as the CL-S) then that would be rock-solid.

Comment

I do however love the type s body kit too bad the gas on those things sucks my dick for crack I will never own a car that gets less than 25mpg we are running out of gas not getting more. I hate people who keep buying suvs just so they can feel "safe".
                          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Importing to canada is a bitch, car must be 15 years old, saftied coming across the border, as well, it must go through crash ratings. it must meet canadian standards. Hence why the inspire is not here, it wasnt safe enough.
                            The TL is available, but its alot more. I would look at local dealers before importing. RIght now, its easier to import a 1992 Nissan Skyline GTR then it is a brand new 2008 Lancer EVOX.
                            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

The TL can be fixed under warranty. As I recall all they did was extend the warranty 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its not just pull into dealer and they will change it for you there is still a deadline. Good thing we caught my moms at the 80000 mile mark. Friggin trans was grinding itself shitless. Plus this is the 3.5L v6 on the odyssey. I will admit i love the TL interior since my friend had one until he got ran off the road. Pretty decent build quality. I would get one but I would do the type S manual swap in there. But thats work.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X