April 08 Gas Mileage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 08 Gas Mileage Thread

Havent had an official one for a while, so post up what youre getting per tank or per gallon. Feel free to include what you pay for what kind of gas (regular or premium..does anyone actually use super?) and if youre so inclined, post what you pay per mile. Also, dont forget to include what car, engine and transmission you have.

How to figure out the cost per mile; the only fuel economy figure that REALLY matters: Take your cost of a gallon of gas and divide it by the number of miles you get per gallon.

To start:
    Car: 02 Civic LX 5spd
    City: 35mpg
    Highway: 41mpg
    per tank: about 385-400 til the gas light turns on
    Price per gallon of regular: $3.15 on 4/2/08
    Price per mile at $3.15: 9 cents in the city, about 7.6 cents on the highway

Im actually gonna miss this slow as piss car when I get mine back on the road..figures for my car go a little like this..
    92 Accord H22 5spd
    26 city, 32 highway
    I forget what it gets per tank
    stupid required premium gas costs freakin $3.43
    13.2 cents per mile city, 10.7 highway
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Not to be rude, but the whole "until the light turns on" thing is really pointless if you're actually looking to compare results. I can make my gas light go on or off by parking up or downhill, versus on level ground.

If you're actually interested in your mileage, you should reset your trip odometer with each fillup. It's fast and easy to do so, and then you have legit results.

As I posted here I simply don't believe anyone here is consistently getting 30mpg unless they're driving 65mph on the highway, easing into the acceleration from every stop.

My most recent numbers are 24.6486197 mpg with a totally stock 90 CB7, over the course of 2 years. I have a roof rack and a pretty good tune-up. I keep methodical track of my mileage and gas purchases and reset the trip odometer. I don't mash the gas, and tend to be within 8-10 mph of the speed limit.

Comment

I do reset my trip odometer with each fillup. I dont really put the gas pedal further than halfway down in the Civic and I dont usually rev past 4000 or so. Theres just no point, acceleration-wise. In my Accord, however, I usually have the pedal half to three quarters of the way down, do 75-85 on the highway and still get 31-32 highway mpg.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

This one's about 1-2 months ago, but I can't post an updated one just yet, I'm currently doing about 21.8 mpg, but my foot has gotten heavier since this. I run regular 87, and I just got my AC fixed so I've been using it since this chart...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

IM too lazy to do spreadsheets. But anyway this is all i can remember on mine so far.

Car - 92 Honda accord EX
          City - 26 ish last time I filled up
          Highway - 28-30 depending on how heavy I feel like pressing the pedal

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Car - 92 Honda accord dr vtak 5spd