Need engine Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need engine Info

So yeah, my buddy thinks his near stock D16B can beat a B18 swapped civic... hahhaa, i cant stop laughing at him.
    Can i get tehcnical information on this motor? Specifics im looking for stock bore size for the pistons, If this motor comes with a V-TEC Applicable head
    If the intake manifold is a 4 port or 8 port with butterflies
    What kind of power it makes.

Im estimating that this D16B is a NON v-tec SOHC 130 HP motor. How it can beat a 200+ HP B18 swapped civic, i have no clue. I know the guy with the B-18, and he is pushing at least 240 with minor mods.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

magic

duh..

Comment

Originally posted by js593
      So yeah, my buddy thinks his near stock D16B can beat a B18 swapped civic... hahhaa, i cant stop laughing at him.
      Can i get tehcnical information on this motor? Specifics im looking for stock bore size for the pistons, If this motor comes with a V-TEC Applicable head
      If the intake manifold is a 4 port or 8 port with butterflies
      What kind of power it makes.

Im estimating that this D16B is a NON v-tec SOHC 130 HP motor. How it can beat a 200+ HP B18 swapped civic, i have no clue. I know the guy with the B-18, and he is pushing at least 240 with minor mods.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks.
      D16B?

He would need a B18C to get that much power without going allout. to get that much.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
        D16B?

He would need a B18C to get that much power without going allout. to get that much.
        What im sayin is a guy known around my city here, drives a B18C swapped hatch, (92-94) with cams, polished and grinded crank, CAI, header, Chipped ECU etc... He easily attains 240 at the crank. (around 210 at the wheels rated at the shop)

My friend drives a shit ass D16B with minor header, and CAI... and thinks he beat him... that B18 woulda shit on him all day, and i know that for a fact. My buddy keeps saying he has a Vtec motor, i tell him he doesnt, as those motors never came with a Vtec option, nor did they actually make them for the civic. He has the ECU re-mapped to get more high end horse, which is why it *sounds* like he has V-tec.
        Could anyone clear this up is the D16B has V-tec, and the other info listed above?
        Thanks

Comment

too many variables.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            too many variables.
            ??? All im curious about is the stock internal specs of the D16B. im trying to find out about this motor. Apparantly he says it has Vtec, but as im aware, the stock SI's here did NOT have Vtec even in SOHC.

Comment

well for one...what kind of racing?

the drivers are what wins races.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've never heard of a D16B. D15B maybe... or D16A... but no D16B.

There were SOHC D series engines in the late 90s.

Also, which B18 is it? The B18C (JDM) is 200hp... but if it's a B18A1, it's only 130hp... about the same as a VTEC D16Y8

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Also, which B18 is it? The B18C (JDM) is 200hp... but if it's a B18A1, it's only 130hp... about the same as a VTEC D16Y8
                  The B18c Was the swapped civic.
                  I'll see if he can get me the right code. IM having problems find anything for a D16B as well. I can garuntee it wasnt Vtec though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

Yeah thats pretty much what I said

D16B? never heard of it,but D15B lol

He would have to need a B18 C the other B18's would be needing Full n/a or forced induction for 240HP.
                    wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X