Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kris Roe (of the Ataris)

Any Ataris fans here?

I know they kinda suck now... but their early stuff was damn good.

I'm going to catch Kris Roe (the singer... and the guy who wrote everything... basically, he IS the band) tonight at a skating center. He's playing the entire Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 Exits album.

I couldn't find my old copy of it, so I had to download it last night. It's been years since I listened to it! I'm psyched, though!

Anyone who's in the area, it's at 6pm tonight at the Franklinville skating center on Delsea Dr.

Hes been doing this for a while, I was going to go see him in New Haven on Valentines day, but decided against it for some reason. I was even home that weekend.

That being said, I really like So Long, Astoria, but thats more because I was never really into the early Ataris stuff until after I had heard that album. Boys of Summer pissed me off though, I must have heard that song 500 times on the radio, and I didnt really even like it to begin with. Sucks that a cover got more airplay than some of their original songs on that album, when the other songs were better to begin with.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I agree. I really like Boys of Summer, both the original and the Ataris version... but yeah... I hate when a band is known mainly for a well-done cover (alien ant farm, anyone?)

I think this is the "remember when I didn't suck" tour... Supposedly, Kris is planning on going back to his old style, and getting out of the crap that he put on the last record.

Comment

I love the Ataris, but I live in Canada.......so I can't come

So Long Astoria is awesome, I love In This Diary and Your Boyfriend Sucks is such an angst classic for me.

Damn, I gotta go pull out my albums again..........
        1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

The great thing about their songs is that they appeal to just about any kid that has ever experienced highschool drama (or beyond). It's just such a raw glimpse of the nice guy that always gets stepped on (Your Boyfriend Sucks being a perfect example... that's been in my head for 3 hours now... )

Comment

"You're better off without him....don't call him......."

yeah, I know what you mean.......nice guys finish last, to borrow from another (and in my opinion inferior) artist

Comment

I love ataris =P

Comment

Originally posted by qbodsyt
                "You're better off without him....don't call him......."

yeah, I know what you mean.......nice guys finish last, to borrow from another (and in my opinion inferior) artist
                If the line you refer to is "nice guys finish last, no one knows as good as me"... I seriously beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If the line you refer to is "nice guys finish last, no one knows as good as me"... I seriously beg to differ.
                  no, I meant Green Day........but good comeback with a better song!

Comment

Whew... Ok. I thought I was going to have to slap you!

I wouldn't say that Green Day is inferior... better musicians (Kris Roe can't sing for crap... ) But the Ataris have lyrics that connect a bit better.

Comment

Ahhh damn so thats why you wanted to know if i like them.

Man i wish i woulda found out sooner...cant make it tonight.

ARG.

Thats cool though.

Ive got to dl some of their shyte.

Comment

So Long Astoria is an awesome album. I first heard the Ataris when they covered "B.o.S" and i loved it and looked into them, and liked them.

Ive been pulling out my old stuff too. Listening to stuff i havent heard in years...

Kinda :OT: but whats the deal with like, that Pete Weintz[sp?] guy? He's in Fall Out Boy AND Panic at the disco....

And Green Day is (a.k.a) "Foxboro Hot Tubs"?!?

Has punk finally gone crossover, too??

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                          Kinda :OT: but whats the deal with like, that Pete Weintz[sp?] guy? He's in Fall Out Boy AND Panic at the disco....
                          No hes not, he signed Panic, and theyre friends. Fall Out Boy also plays some Panic songs sometimes.

Yeah, I think Green Day is "Foxboro Hot Tubs." Lots of bigger bands will use pseudonyms to play smaller venues, because they miss the feeling.

I should have driven my ass to Jersey and gone to this. I did nothing tonight, and it was boring.
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I thought there was somebody doing duoble-time on 2 pretty big punk bands...

And Foxboro Hot Tubs IS Green Day, they just arent admitting to it, i guess

How cool would that be to go see some smalltime band and they start setting up and its freaking Green Day.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                            X