Bought another one (BBS RX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought another one (BBS RX)

Ok, the rims I got before were a little beat up. One of the rear ones wobbles a bit... Nothing dangerous, but it bugged the hell out of me. SO, Juan (icedplaya123) showed me an auction on eBay for some VERY cheap wheels... In the bottom of the screen, there was this pic:

Do you see it? I freaked out when I saw the RX there. Juan emailed the guy, and asked about it. It is indeed 17" 4x114.3.

So, I talked to the guy, and the price was right. So now I have to buy a Toyo Proxes to match my other brand new Proxes... Maybe with 5 wheels, I can take the time to get the damaged ones fixed. Perhaps I'll stick with the BBS afterall...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50

That's the guy's other stuff. He bought out the showroom stock of a shop going out of business. He's selling this stuff off... Never mounted, but some can be damaged from the little kiddies playing with the chromies... He's a good guy, good on communication, and if anyone needs something there he'll take care of you for sure. His name is Andy.

Comment

guess you can't figure out what to do with those wheels, lol.

i think they look(ed) great on your car, and am glad that you're keeping them. if anything, you can now have 4 good wheels, and use the 5th one that's a little messed up in your eyes as a full size spare.

too bad none of the other wheels left in his auctions are 4 x 114.3... was hoping to find a cheap 17" wheel to have a full size spare myself.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

He might have some wheels he hasn't listed yet. The BBS wasn't up there until Juan emailed him.

I really do like the rims, though 17" is pretty expensive to maintain (tires cost more than 16", by far... and they're so easy to bend). I suppose I'll hang onto em for a bit. I graduate in the fall, so hopefully I can get a nice job. When that happens, I can maybe afford to drop $800 on some Rotas and tires... I can have 3 sets of wheels! (then I need to put wheels on the hatchback, which is 4x100... and turbo it... and make it RWD if possible... oi!)

Comment

i liked those rims on your car. i'd stick with them. i've had my 17"s for almost 3 years now and haven't bent those. they're on low pro 40 series tires too - which only cost 90 bucks a piece

Comment

I think I'm on 45s now... I'll most likely get some $65 Sumitomos on Jay's recommendation. He loved his Sumis, and he hates his Kumhos If I DO go higher end, I'll get some Toyo Proxes4 for $98 a pop. I have regular ol' Proxes on the front (well, had till one went flat mysteriously) and they grip well.

Comment

Working...
            X