Another Xfactortype1 find. easier oil changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnD1079
    Ya, but would you really risk it to same 5 min every 2 months?
    yeah exactly, you only have to open/close the bolt once every 3 months anyways so I doubt it'll justify the cost. Besides a Bolt seems more secure to me.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Its also one less thing to worry about breaking. Anyone deciding to overtorque any oil pan bolt is a retard. But too bad most quick lube places are like that. Do your own its easier. Anyway I would think if honda engineers thought it would be a good idea they would have done it. Personally I dunno if I would want to put something like that on my car when I start tracking. I dont like oil leaking out of nowhere eventually destroying my car.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

fuck the filter on a camry, try the one on the lexus rx330. good luck. OR the new civic si.

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Its also one less thing to worry about breaking. Anyone deciding to overtorque any oil pan bolt is a retard. But too bad most quick lube places are like that. Do your own its easier. Anyway I would think if honda engineers thought it would be a good idea they would have done it. Personally I dunno if I would want to put something like that on my car when I start tracking. I dont like oil leaking out of nowhere eventually destroying my car.
          While i agree with you, that is probably the worst argument against it and any other mod.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LX
            fuck the filter on a camry, try the one on the lexus rx330. good luck. OR the new civic si.
            oh gawd.. i used to fucking DREAD seeing those lexus suvs coming into the shop.. one of the most retarded designs EVER..

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              Oh yea those are nice. Dont have to jack up the car only for filter. Cleans up that oil pan decently too. I would like to use one for my trans.
              I've done many fluid changes with them, from coolant to windshield fluid to power steering to transmission fluid to cleanups and even the toilet (as a test). With many cars to maintain, it gets a bit annoying having to crawl under the car and/or to get the car on level ground.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                I've done many fluid changes with them, from coolant to windshield fluid to power steering to transmission fluid to cleanups and even the toilet (as a test). With many cars to maintain, it gets a bit annoying having to crawl under the car and/or to get the car on level ground.
                Yea when I was working at taiwan it was so much easier to use. Especially on the Mercs and bimmers. Didnt need to jack up the car so great.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think just about every second person on my bike forum has Fumoto valves...including me.

Great things.

Fumoto site
                  Last edited by SteveB; 03-26-2008, 08:18 PM.
                  2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                  1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

i've got something like this...

cept its way better...my dad put it on, it's not a valve like this, it's flush against the oil pan (not that it'd matter, my truck doesn't scrape anything)

and it makes oil changes painless, and C-L-E-A-N.

Comment

Working...
                    X