Another Xfactortype1 find. easier oil changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    It doesn't say what is the gasket/washer seal made of.

IMO, that is the weakest point of the design, if it is made of inferior material. Not that I care to find out, but someone should.
    Honestly, I'm probably lazy enough that I would truly appreciate that. For that price, it might be worth finding out. It's not cheap, but it's not crazy expensive either.

As for revenge... I thought the same thing.

Comment

What the bleeeppppppp is wrong with y'all. If you own a CB7, you should not let anyone change your oil. That's like letting another man suck on your wifes tits. I really don't trust too many people fiddleing with my car. Too much at stake. I've seen some really fowl stuff done at dealerships, Jiffy Lubes, and beyond. It's a good idea, but I don't think I will invest in one; still an excellent idea. I hope the inventor makes millions.

CHANGE YOUR OWN OIL PEOPLE.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

10 minutes and $29 > 2 hours and $20.

I don't just go to anyone to do my work. As you see above, I've been burned... but the place I go to, I have full faith in.

Comment

Takes me 20 minutes to do my own oil change.....

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

My dad put that on all our cars, except my CB7 because the oil plug got cross threaded, so we could change our oil more proficiently. You don't have the risk of the bolt falling in the oil pan also if you ever need to stop the flow of oil for any reason all, you just have to close the valve. Cuts down the time of taking the bolt off and putting it back on as well as it takes the risk of cross threading.

I would say we have been using these for over 6-7 years and never had any trouble with people tampering with them. I would assume no one would go through the trouble of crawling under a car just to get dirty and have a chance of getting caught or there not even being a oil valve just so they can drain your oil for a parking spot that got stolen. I would probably deflate the tires before I thought to check for an oil valve.

Comment

Yeah, it would only be an issue if EVERY car had them, and people knew to look for them.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Takes me 20 minutes to do my own oil change.....
                X2.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Takes me an hour or two. A grass driveway and a one-way street don't make it any more fun either!

Comment

id have one for tranny as well.

i just wish there was an cleaner way to get the oil filter out with out dripping oil.

Comment

filter relocation kit.

Comment

I like where the camry's have it up front. So easy
                        wat?

Comment

Try changing it when the car has been running for at least an hour.

Not so easy then.

Comment

i change my own oil so that i can monitor how much oil i burn or if there are metal shavings in my old oil. it normally takes me 25 minutes give a or take a few... but i run off and check other things while the oil is draining.

Comment

Its a good idea, but I like to wrench on my car, and changing oil takes me no longer than a half hour anyways so, its nice and convenient. I don't have to drive anywhere, other than to dump the oil and I wont have to wait for an hour or leave my car somewhere, AND I have the satisfaction of knowing I changed it and nothing got messed up. Thats worth everything to me.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                Try changing it when the car has been running for at least an hour.

Not so easy then.
                                exactly..

the 4cyl engines are cake, but fuck v6s..

Comment

Working...
                                X