Road debris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty
    I hate road debris. I tend to tail gate so a stock car will just center a branch or road kill and I have to like swerve and freak out and just cringe hoping i don't hear the sound of cracking fiberglass.

And for those of you who have stuff fall off of cars in front of you. Why don't you call the police and take down their plate number. Or follow them until the police get there.

Knock on wood i haven't had this happen but i'll be damned if i'm going to have to pay my deductible b/c some other idiot doens't know how to tie their shit down.
    most cops wont take falling debris off trucks seriously. the construction semi whos rock hit my car had a lil bumpersticker saying that it wasnt responsible for any rock/debris damage.

i had a lil road rage with a guy with a lifted truck, he thought it would be fun to cut me off on the road. we both were entering the freeway and i got in first and didn't let him in. he cut off another car and got infront of me. he slowed down and then punched it to take off. well his dumbass had shit in the back and his plastic chairs flew off. i was right behind him and those chairs went over me. thank god!

he had to pull over to get his leftovers haha.

Comment

they might not take it seriously but its still their job to file a report (or what ever procedure is in your jurisdiction) With a report of the liscense plate and what not your ins can investigate it. Its just as if you had a hit and run.
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
        ive hit cardboard boxes, toilet paper, stones, possoms, rabbits, couches, empty milk jugs, plastic bags.

the most odd incident with me was i was on a stoplight and there were no signs of plants for a good 3 miles. while i was waiting for a light to turn green a fuckin tumble weed just happend to roll to my door and hit it

i was wondering how you managed to hit couches but yeah, the tumbleweed story was funny
        [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

You will be amazed at the shit that will drop out the back of a pickup. Good thing I was in the lane next to a pickup that dropped his couch on i55.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i ran over a plastic jug on the way to the atl meet. couldnt dodge it so yeah. it got caught under the car and i can hear it dragging for an 1/8 of a mile til i shook it loose
            [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yeah, dead deer, possums,rabbits and dogs. Then theres your normal thrash, like the soda can I pushed halfway home today coming from work.I like the r33 front kit I got, but I can only dodge so many obstacles, I'm putting my other front kit back on(extreme)
              BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

i dont no if this is road stuff but i was passing a car when his wheel came off and putdonuts all down the side of my car.

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  You will be amazed at the shit that will drop out the back of a pickup. Good thing I was in the lane next to a pickup that dropped his couch on i55.

you must really know what i mean about cars that hit couches on accident!

Comment

toilet paper, couches....house doors, sheet rock panels, lawn chairs....1.5 ladders...one time i ran over an catalytic converter, i had to take that biatch straight on....

How the fuck do you run over that kind of stuff???

Thats funny. Although, i did almost get hit by a lifejacket today...

I usually try not to run over stuff or if i see someone with shit in the back of their car/truck, i move to another lane or i back off, just in case.

There arent too many 3+ lane highways around here, so the only lane choices are left and right.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

on my can I got a stick stuck between the pipes on my header, and it took two days for it to finale get off.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I would have stopped and picked up the catalytic converter, you can get like 50 bucks for 'em
                        wat?

Comment

I was screwing around tailgating my buddy and his muffler fell off his Supra and got wedged under my car.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

How the fuck do you run over that kind of stuff???

Thats funny. Although, i did almost get hit by a lifejacket today...

I usually try not to run over stuff or if i see someone with shit in the back of their car/truck, i move to another lane or i back off, just in case.

There arent too many 3+ lane highways around here, so the only lane choices are left and right.
                            people just drop random stuff on the road.

i remember when i was waiting on a stop light there was this truck, and it had a box in there. well the box fell off the bed when he went through the intersection and basically it looked like a brand new grill.

it was funny cause the guy stopped in the middle of the road and tried to hustle and pick it up. right before he picked it up, he put both of his hands on his head and yelled out "FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!"

i found it pretty hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                              you must really know what i mean about cars that hit couches on accident!
                              Yeap beceause it almost happened to me. People need to learn to strap shit down on there trucks...Just because you have a couch in there with nothing holding it down and your got your hazards driving at 50mph on the highway doesnt mean its gonna stay on,...People need to learn to invest rope or something to tie there shit down...If they cant tie that shit down dont put it in the back of your truck or whatever. Get off the fuckin road and quit risking other peoples rides. But yea thats my rant.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

our roads are pretty clean. i did hit a pretty large stone a couple years ago. it was so big, it crushed my ex header and bounced around under the car.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X