Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be selling the cb....looking at the 01-02 TL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be selling the cb....looking at the 01-02 TL.

So yea ive been contemplating this for sometime now.

Ive totally fell in love with the 01-02 3.2 Tl's and ive been seeing some in the NYC area that are a good steal.

I just don't know when ill have time to work on the cb and fix whats wrong with it, you know how the story goes.

Im gonna hate to part with her as shes my first car and a great one at that, i mean nothing mechanically is wrong with her whatsoever.

Just stupid shit keeps happening and not that it can't happen to a new car, but i want something sound and reliable so i dont run into issues when school starts and with work and such.

So just look out, and if anyone is interested you deff can shoot me pms with questions and ill answer whatever.

If i go through with this itll me in the next month or so.

I have some goodies as well that ill be selling to include JDM PFM, and 93 SE wheels.

those have the most transmission fail rates, just saying. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      those have the most transmission fail rates, just saying. later.
      Really?

I haven't seen anything about that...ive been browsing to try and find recalls and such and i haven't seen that one.

Comment

My Uncle has a 2003 Acura TL Type-S. I've driven it many times, i love it.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Have fun replacing front lower ball joints/transmissions/rear rotors.
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry
            As if our cars don't have problems?

Enjoy whichever car you get Ralphie! TLs are certainly a nice car.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry

Yea im looking for comments more like TYPEG's....proven problems and or issues.

With the exception of the rear rotors, im sure i wont be replacing trannys or lower ball joints often.

And if the trannys are that big of a problem i wont be selling my cb.

Comment

those trannies are bad for that gen. make sure the tranny was replaced ralphie. other then that, TL are good cars. hope you can stay on the forum man.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                  those trannies are bad for that gen. make sure the tranny was replaced ralphie. other then that, TL are good cars. hope you can stay on the forum man.

Yea well im going to be keeping my eye open.

I mean im only going to get about 3k for my car if im lucky.

Ive found 1 for 2700 fully loaded in good cond but i havent seen it yet with my own eyes or test drove it so god knows why its so cheap, besides having 119k miles which isnt too bad.

The rest are in the 8k-12k range which if i go for one im going to need a loan and full insurance.

I called my ins co and they said if i just take the 93 accord off and replace with a 2001 3.2 tl with 119k miles my premium would stay the same....400 for the year...cant fucking beat that in NYC.

So....yea whats the chances of finding one of these with an original tranny and it not crapping out on me lol!?!?!?

And of course im staying here.....i will own a 4th gen accord again, when i have the money to do what i want to do lol.

Can't get rid of me that easy!

Comment

i think they had a recall not sure tho,. after a certain amount of miles, they wont replace them if you take it the stealership. honda v6 trannies FAIL. 98-02 accord v6 trannies were bad also.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                      i think they had a recall not sure tho,. after a certain amount of miles, they wont replace them if you take it the stealership. honda v6 trannies FAIL. 98-02 accord v6 trannies were bad also.

Yea i know under 100k they will replace them and you just pay labor not for the tranny because one of our family friends has an acura 2001 and its meticulously kept but the tranny acted up and my pops told her to go to the dealership and ask if they had an extended warranty and sure enough they did.

So he saved her mad money.

But yea i know the v6 trannys had probs up and down.

Comment

this is the one i was looking at....i think its in Staten Island.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...em270221053746

Damn i want that shit.

Comment

friend has that car, those things are real clean. i say go for it.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

trannys are under warrante for 8 yrs after from production date or 100k. everything is supposed to be FREE. They will try to rip you off.

Also after 100k all the balljoints and stuff like that start to go out.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

The V6 trannies are prone to failure. I could go into why if you want, but basically, they are not tolerant of neglect. They last much longer if the fluid was changed more frequently than required.

Also, keep in mind that statistically, the failures were widespread, but they did NOT fail on the majority of cars. We had a 2002 Accord V6 and never had any tranny issues of any kind in almost 100K. Of course, the fluid got changed everytime it started to turn brown too, because I was paranoid.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X