New scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New scam?

so i'm here eatting my lunch and my mother tells me theres a guy on the phone looking for me. I answer and some dood askes if this is Luke( that's me) i answer yes, then he starts babbling about a way over due Capital One credit card. I tell him i don't even have a credit card and he's smoking some crack. All of a sudden he says, "i'm sorry i must have the wrong number" and then hangs up on me. Really i don't have a credit card. I used to have a Citibank Visa but i closed and paid that off.

Now if that isn't some kind of scam getting set up, then someone has stolen my identity.

I'm gonna go check my credit report in the mean time but for you other guys, you might want to keep an ear/eye out for a call similar to this.

I got a capital one card offer in the mail the other day? lol doesnt count I guess
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Alot of people who call like that are fishing for info you are willing to give up. Some people are gullibile and give out info they shouldn't.

Comment

yeah freaking *******s, why don't they get a real job instead of cheating the stupid. oh wait because it's so easy.

well the only thing they got was my mother doesn't speak english and my name is Luke.

Comment

That guy that called you is a....
          Last edited by Charliehstle209; 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM.
          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by Charliehstle209
            That guys that called you is a....
            lmao!!!!
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Yea. The news was saying something about this a week or so ago. If at anytime you feel it's a scam, tell them that you'll call them another time when it's convenient(sp?) for you and get a call back number.

If they give you a call back number then you can research it online.

If they don't give you one, fuck'm.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Stolen identity is probably more likely... unless, of course, they call you hoping you have the card that they're talking about, and that you'll provide the account number and stuff for "verification"

Comment

nah i haven't had a credit card in... 5 years. i ran up a 1500 debt but Citibank and i worked out a deal where i was able to pay it off and not have it completely destroy my credit. ever since then i've just been using my debit card with a visa logo for all my purchases.

Comment

Capitol one called me and asked me if I had received my Capitol One card in the mail, I told them I never signed up for one so they connected me to fraud department where they asked for my SS#, I told them I was at school so I would call them back... All they are doing is trying to get information on you so they can actually send you a credit card.

Comment

That or it isn't really the card companies, and they're just trying to get your social security number or actual credit card info.

And Leung, that is my point... they call randomly trying to get people that have the card that they're talking about. If you DID have a Capital One card (which is HIGHLY advertised, so it's likely that random people will have one), you probably would've given your information without hesitation.

Comment

credit cards FTL! i never use em

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          That or it isn't really the card companies, and they're just trying to get your social security number or actual credit card info.

And Leung, that is my point... they call randomly trying to get people that have the card that they're talking about. If you DID have a Capital One card (which is HIGHLY advertised, so it's likely that random people will have one), you probably would've given your information without hesitation.

oh now i understand. yeah i told my mother to leave all the phone calls for the answer machine until they speak into it and only to answer if it was someone we knew.

Comment

Never reply to anyone that asks for your number without verification. If your shit was overdue you would see in your statement. But good thing you caught it since you dont have a card. But tahts a first.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Charliehstle209
                              That guy that called you is a....
                              Wait....who gave that donkey dentures?

Comment

Working...