• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commence Downloading

AGAIN!!

P2Ps not illegal

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

who stopped

Comment

the MPAA are just trying to sqeeze out as much money as they can... it's not like the box office sales for these movies dropped so dramatically..

it's all big business... all greedy people who want to become richer stay richer and let the poor stay poorer

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
        who stopped

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
          who stopped

not me

Comment

this only means the companys that created the software cant be sued. You still can

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              not me
              :werd:
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i stopped cause people were putting out so much crap, meaning the artists. i don't use p2p to get stuff, never really have. i've been borrowing stuff since the days of the old BBS's and a 14.4 w/war dialers.. woohooo! But lots of people I know say they don't use the p2p networks anymore, and it was generally cause they are afraid of getting busted.

how with they ever stop it? They wont, it's just another outlet to waste taxpayers money. Face, I've got many friends who don't even have a computer.. They're the first in line to buy new CD's. Watch VH1, the shiat just keeps getting bigger and bigger so obviously, if you're good, you're pretty safe against all this "piracy".. geez..

Bring back the Barter system..lol.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
                  ...all greedy people who want to become richer stay richer and let the poor stay poorer
                  you've got the wrong way of thinking. the rich get richer because they have the proper financial aptitude and the poor get poorer because they aren't educated financially. when it's an up market, most will get rich. when it's a down market, most will worry and complain, but the rich will get richer. there's a reason why that is so.
                  -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
                  -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

rich or poor, I personally hate paying for software, music, moveis, etc. I have in the past and shit happens to what I buy so I end up wasting my money. I had a CD book with over 300 store bought CD's that got stolen. You figure on the low side, $10 a CD x 300 = $3,000 gone. Since then I've rebuilt my collection to over 1000 CD's but the beauty is I didn't have to pay for them so when they get destroyed or stolen, I won't be out any money. The artists aren't making any direct money from me for album sales, but they will make money from me for concerts, memoribilia, and my continued loyalty. I don't know if any of you guys are, or have ever been, struggling musicians trying to make ends meet, but there are parts of a musicians career where they just want their music to be heard and people to know who they are and build a fan base. The money comes from touring. In order to make a lot of money touring, you have to fill up clubs/stadiums. In order to fill up those clubs/stadiums, you have to be known. You won't become widely known charging $15 a CD. However you will become well known if you GIVE your music away to make as many people hear you as possible. Once you are known, your money comes from tours. If you plan on living off of your album sales, you will be broke before you know it. The issue with bands not making as much money as they think they should is from the record companies signing them on with very strict and hard to meet conditions and only giving the artist a very small percentage of royalties. So the record companies are getting richer while the musicians are getting poorer. And who does the musicians/recording companies take it out on? THE FANS. How can they get away with it. Imagine Honda motor co. saying " from now on, any vehicle, parts, or information regarding Honda Motor co. MUST be purchased through us. If you receive free parts from a friend, you will be sued. If you are caught looking up info online without buying it from us, you will be sued. We will also invade your privacy by installing monitoring equipment in your car so that we can see what you are doing to your vehicle and if it is not profitable for us, you will be sued." If that were the case, we'd all end up hating Honda and no longer buy products from them and no longer give them our support. Music used to be about the music and the scene. Now it's about the money. If they want to be greedy instead of giving their fans what they want, they will not survive. If you are not a band that's goal is to please their fans, your sucess will end. In my opinion, these production companies put themselves and the artists in this situation because of their own greed. Maybe you agree, maybe not, but that's how I feel.

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

wow, I read the first sentence of that shit, and then quit. Use paragraphs at least.

Just for kicks, I just downloaded 3 full albums

Use mIRC for downloading, you can get entire albums in a .rar folder, instead of DLing song by song.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                        wow, I read the first sentence of that shit, and then quit. Use paragraphs at least.
                        sorry if it's too confusing for you

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                        Use mIRC for downloading, you can get entire albums in a .rar folder, instead of DLing song by song.
                        You can get full albums from ANY of the p2p programs. It all depends on who's sharing that day.

Originally posted by SteveB
                        Please tell me how your "continued loyalty" pays for anything.
                        My loyalty doesn't pay for shit. But if I'm loyal to a band/artist, I will gladly spend money to see them live and because of my loyalty, I will get as many people as I can to get into their music. Those "new" fans will also gladly pay for tickets and maybe even buy an album. So, instead of just me going to their show and that band selling 1 ticket, I'll get several people to go to the show so they will sell like 5 tickets and that will also result in increased sales of food/drinks/memrobilia/albums/etc. The more people I get into their music, the bigger their fan base gets and the more people they will have to potentially get money from. So the $ .50 in royalties they don't get cause I didn't buy their album is worth it cause now they're making $10 a ticket sale plus several dollars in royalties for new album sales from the others I turned on to the music. It's a cycle.

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

If that's the way you take it, that's fine. Look at it this way.... Everyone has the choice of either paying for it or not. Everyone has the choice of gong to see bands in concert or not. As far as a band/artist is concerned, the more fans total, the more chances they have to make money. They're not stupid, they know people are going to d/l what they can instead of paying for it so that is taken into consideration when pricing albums/tickets/memoribilia. If they have no fans, they have no opportunities to make money so the best thing a "loyal fan" can do for a band is to turn other people on to the music. That helps ensure the band will become/remain successful and keep making music that enhances our lives for years to come. I don't put the burden of paying for stuff on others. They can make their own decision on that one. At the very least, it will help sell tickets which touring is the biggest money maker when it comes to music. Bands usually only make a few cents on each album sale while the rest goes to the stores selling them, the record companies who signed them, the studios they're recorded in, the manufacturing and distrubution plants, and of course uncle sam for taxes.

Also look at the music industry as a whole. 20 years ago, most bands ended up bankrupt within 1-3 years from being signed to a label. The record labels and venues made it damn near impossible for the artists to make any money. Looking at things now, you don't even have to have talent in the music world and you can still make a fortune. If you do have atlent and a decent sized fan base, then you WILL make a fortune. Today, the record labels and venues pay the artists larger percentages of profits. So now that artists are making more money than any band ever had the opportunity to 20 years ago, they are bitching about how they need more money. It's all about the money. Money can and will ruin anything. Look at the sport baseball....it will never have the same support and fan base after the strike when players demanded more money. Music will end up the same way and it's already heading in that direction. Metallica lost a good percentage of their fans after they started complaining about people d/l'ing their music. Since they made such a big deal, their album sales have dropped even more. So if anything should be learned, threating your consumers is not going to make them buy more stuff from you. Why is the entertainment industry one of the only industries in the world that takes their consumers to court?

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

This is just my two cents on the whole issue:

I believe that downloading music, movies, etc is stealing. I understand some of your points (acclude) on how it is a cycle when you give your loyalty to bands. However, I don't believe that you are paying your hard earned money to go to all of the shows and buy memorabilia from all of the artists that you downloaded music from. That is impossible. Even if you could go to all of the shows you probably wouldn't because you complain about even paying $15 for a CD so why would you pay $30 plus for a concert, $20 for a t-shirt, etc. You would be out of a whole lot of money if you did this for every band you downloaded from.

You are right about no one being able to stop people from downloading. It is impossible. CDs will still be sold wether people download or not. But think about this: The entertainment companies are jacking up the prices on CDs, movies, etc even more now that people are downloading so much. The people you hurt when you download are the people who do actually buy the CD or movie.
                            FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Working...
                            X