Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phantasm Street Wars, interesting S2k inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasm Street Wars, interesting S2k inside.

Hondatuner4267 and I went to Phantasm's (Raleigh, NC speed shop) Street Wars at Rockingham Dragway in Rockingham, NC today. There was lots of drag racing and even a jet powered dragster ran the 1/4 mi at 280 mph. I took a few pictures mainly of this S2000 with a full Spoon body kit on it. I have seen this car before in Charlotte around UNC Charlotte. Now I have pictures.

Girls with shortest skirts... lol

My sunburnt self after I got home.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Can someone enlighten me and explain what the whole goose/duck thing is all about? I see it all the time but I'm clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
      Can someone enlighten me and explain what the whole goose/duck thing is all about? I see it all the time but I'm clueless.
      It is Spoon Sport's trademark or logo or whatever.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced

I always thought it was a track?
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

s2k looked good, but aerodynamic top FTL

Id rather take the that Acura in front of it, lol.

ooh!! Is that the new John Deere Model!?!

And, off-topic, but isnt weird how you talk to ppl on the net for a long period of time and sort of form this "mental image" of them and then when you see them for the first time, they look totally different than what you had imagined...

I know that sounds kinda weird, but, Gary, eventhough i dont know you personally, i just had this mental image of what you looked like, and it was way off...

I mean, thats what i get for trying to "imagine what ppl look like", but i do that alot....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
            s2k looked good, but aerodynamic top FTL

Id rather take the that Acura in front of it, lol.
            true, s2k's look much better with either no top (always the best choice) or a spoon carbon fiber hard-top sans the aero-top. it doesnt fit the flow of the car.

i wouldnt say i'd take the TL over the s2k...wait, yeah i would. the TL is the first car i buy after i get a good engineering job out of college. black on black 19's. hell yeah.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

fuck phantasm. I hate them. I live right down the street from there.. Everything there is overpriced, and they are constantly on the news for ripping people off while doing engine work. (Taking parts off cutomers cars that are being worked on, replace them with shitier parts, and sell the nice ones)

Anyhow,
              Nice TL, looks like you had fun.

Comment

Everyone loves the TL

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                i wouldnt say i'd take the TL over the s2k...wait, yeah i would. the TL is the first car i buy after i get a good engineering job out of college. black on black 19's. hell yeah
                x2. Get the blackhoused LED taillights and HIDs

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

DAMN i want that car infront of that s2000 but hell i wouldn't bitch if i had either one of them

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                    I always thought it was a track?
                    nah.. its a crane.. dont know the whole story behind it, but if you look at it closer, its got a hint of red on the cranes head..

Last edited by Mista Juice; 03-18-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Got any more pics of the TL?

Comment

anyone have evidence on what the logo really is. was told the red was the sun seting on a road.
                        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by G-man
                          My sunburnt self after I got home.
                          I totally forgot to buy the calender!

I was just like...why do you have a picture of my car on your wall.

Comment

The mooncraft roof can look good if done right. I take it thats Spoon's new rear bumper for the s2k since I have not seen it before. They have like 3 or 4 diff bumpers for the s2k itself. Personally I like the spoon front bumper and the hardtop. Other than that its kinda iffy.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My cam gear is hanging on the wall too.

Comment

Working...
                              X