Something has been bugging me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something has been bugging me...

Occasionally, I'll search for "cb7tuner" and "cb7tuner.com" on Google just to see what's going on. Sometimes I find some funny stuff (like how horrible we are here!), other times, I'll find some really flattering stuff (like how awesome we are here!)

However, recently, I've been seeing people using the name "cb7tuner" on other forums. Now, that's all well and good... I mean, if you tune a CB7, you are indeed a CB7tuner. Some of those people (or perhaps it's just one person on quite a few forums) offer good information. In that case, I don't really care. If you're not an ignorant jerk, then you aren't doing the name an injustice.

BUT, I've noticed a few "cb7tuner"s on other sites that aren't exactly the most intelligent, helpful, or polite. This bugs me, because people may very well assume that I am the one behind that name... or worse, they'll assume that the person who runs cb7tuner.com is behind that name (I don't really care what random people on the internet think of me personally... but I'd rather not have my site disliked because of some asshat bearing the name!)

So, if you DO bear the CB7tuner name on another forum, myspace (found 2 of those... one is actually listed as cb7tuner.com... he received a message) or any other internet outlet... Well... please don't make this site look bad.

Just so everyone knows... I've NEVER gone by the name cb7tuner on any website.

Don't worry Deev , my rep is way over the limit of positive.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

x2. I'll admit now that ive mentioned CB7T on another forum or 2. Both of which have members there AND here, so...

I dont know if ive mentioned it in my myspace, but if i do, it was never anything negative.

Anytime ive mentioned cb7t elsewhere its always been in an awesome rave. Nothing but the best.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

<----------- this is the only screen name i've ever used on any other site/forum except this certain one i'm not allowed to mention by name because it's technically illegal.

Comment

the only time i have used the name on another site was on ebay when i bought something from a guy. I told him to join since he had some nice parts
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Hey deeve I Pm you with some info that you might want to look at.

Comment

I'm not talking about mentioning the site elsewhere... by all means, do that!

It's just that I've seen a number of people posting as "cb7tuner" or even "cb7tuner.com"... like, if I were "cb7tuner" instead of "deevergote".

Just like Erik from mycb7.com is "mycb7.com" on here now.

I know it sounds anal, but I really don't want people believing someone to be a representative of this site when they really aren't.

Would it seem weird if someone were to sign up here as "Honda-Tech", "HondaHookUp", or the name of some other large forum? (yes, I know the founder of this very site was "accordtunerx"... but that's 5 years ago...)

Comment

i dont see why it matters so much.

respect and reputation is gained by the ones who are close not by strangers.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I totally agree... but on the internet, you're totally anonymous.

I haven't seen anyone claiming to represent this site, thankfully... but by using the name, it suggests it.

I suppose we've been around long enough, and we're well known enough, that the site's overall reputation won't be tarnished by some numbnuts calling himself "cb7tuner" going around saying "can I put a B series in my accord?" or "can i put vtech on my moter?"

Still, it's irritating to see.

Comment

funnier is

when cb7 newbies learn that u can put an H22 on a cb7 without much hassle
                    then they go to honda-tech, talkjdm, and other honda sites
                    saying how their cb7 just cuz they can fit an h22 will desimate alll
                    just cuz its 1 of hondas most powerful engine,
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Na i can see it from both sides.

Who cares what people out in retard land aka interwebs think about us?!?!?!?!?

But.....i for one don't want people to decide this forum is a bunch of asshats because of one person "representing" the forum in a negative way.

I guess in the end, there isn't so much you can do Deev, other then this and sending messages to people as you come across them.

Comment

I is gangstuh dont be hatinz on my stylez cuz. What I do to get up in yo grillz nugguh! lol I dunno haha. Let them be. They might have a bad influence on the forum BUT in the end they are still dumbasses. All I can say is this...every forum is going to have its share of dumbasses that think they know it all. Too bad that cant be fixed but oh well. Aint shit you can do. But then ANY person that has COMMON SENSE should be able to know there is no such thing as ONE spokesperson for a forum. If they do well they are just retarded because whats in a forum? Lots of people. Its the community that makes it and allows people to learn and gain information when needed. Yes I will admit there are stupid people but oh well people gotta start somewhere. But what irritates me and gets under my skin the most...is when people pm or IM me shit they could have searched for on here. They say they have and so on. I got like 3 or 4 IM about an h23 distributor ifi it works on an H22. That information is covered. But that is what bugs me most on the forum 99% of the time I wont even respond to people like that.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          I is gangstuh dont be hatinz on my stylez cuz. What I do to get up in yo grillz nugguh! lol I dunno haha. Let them be. They might have a bad influence on the forum BUT in the end they are still dumbasses. All I can say is this...every forum is going to have its share of dumbasses that think they know it all. Too bad that cant be fixed but oh well. Aint shit you can do. But then ANY person that has COMMON SENSE should be able to know there is no such thing as ONE spokesperson for a forum. If they do well they are just retarded because whats in a forum? Lots of people. Its the community that makes it and allows people to learn and gain information when needed. Yes I will admit there are stupid people but oh well people gotta start somewhere. But what irritates me and gets under my skin the most...is when people pm or IM me shit they could have searched for on here. They say they have and so on. I got like 3 or 4 IM about an h23 distributor ifi it works on an H22. That information is covered. But that is what bugs me most on the forum 99% of the time I wont even respond to people like that.
                          jeez, you're nice...

i answer the PM's. i figure they stop whoring the threads up and have the balls to ask someone.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                            Na i can see it from both sides.

Who cares what people out in retard land aka interwebs think about us?!?!?!?!?

But.....i for one don't want people to decide this forum is a bunch of asshats because of one person "representing" the forum in a negative way.

I guess in the end, there isn't so much you can do Deev, other then this and sending messages to people as you come across them.
                            If you haven't noticed, CB7tuner.com is on the interweb!

"who cares what 6th graders think of you?"... unless you're in the 6th grade... then it matters!

One person saying "I'm on cb7tuner.com and cb7z is da best yo my cb7 will eat your pos mustang cuz i gotz da hdeucedeuce yo!"...

It's another thing for people to NAME themselves "cb7tuner" ... or worse "cb7tuner.com"... and then act like an asshat. Anyone who doesn't know that they aren't an official representative of this site will judge us by their idiotic actions. That's what bugs me about it.

Do I care what people think about me on the internet? Not a bit. Do I care what people think of the website that I've tried very hard to build and maintain? Very much so. Deevergote is just a name I go by on here. Cb7tuner.com IS this site.

Comment

deev this wll all stop if u change that babling kid on ur sig
                              and
                              put in

"THE KING"

yeaaaa baby where the fuk is my whopper
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                              X