T9 on a Razr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T9 on a Razr?

Ok... my singer is texting me like crazy. He does whenever he's at work. He has a nifty keyboard thing on his phone. I'm stuck with my crappy Razr. The predictive text thing blows. Waiting for the cursor to move on when using two letters from the same key blows.

I miss my T9! My old phone had it. Like, if I wanted to type "dog", I'd hit 364 and it would usually get "dog". It might say "fog", but with a quick button press I can cycle through all the possible combinations using those keys.

So, is it possible to put such a program on my Razr? I know I could go digging in other forums that actually have something to do with phones... but I'm always here... so I'll start here!

are you sure it doesnt have T9?? i thought all phones did now?
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

My old Nokia did. The Razr has iTap or something... It's crap.

I found a way to do it on Google, but the instructions say to go to the message center, and click settings... I don't have a settings option!

This phone sucks hardcore.

Comment

Thanks, Deev. Ill tell all my friends who want one

I love my T9. My gf hates it, but i cant text without it, lol.

I thought all phones had it...

Id get ahold of Motorola and ask them.

Worse case scenario you have to either live with it or DL(or buy) some T9 program or something to your phone...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

what i do be for i got the sidekick was hit back

say for example i want mn

so i hit m then hit a random key and then hit back and then double click m for n.

got like 23 words per min from that lol
          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

theres an option to change it to regualr. My slvr use to do that untill i changed it.

Directions:

Go to type in a "new text"
            Hit the middle button
            Under there there will be "entry mode". Select it
            Change it from whatever it is to Primary.

I think thats what i did to mine. I just walked through with it on my phone. If its not that, they try entry setup and mess around in there.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i thought i was the only one, my previous phone had t9 and i loved it also. M moto doesnt, it has the same iTap crap like the razr. The only good thing on my phone is that i was able to turn off the word prediction program. If i had t9 i would have finish typing this post about E minutes ago
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

That did it, John! I was on primary/regular... and the itap does what i need it to do. Not as good as t9, but a HELL of a lot better than what i had! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X