Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short ram or cold air???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short ram or cold air???

hey guys. which air intake is better. im looking to get a cheap ebay one, but i dont know if i should buy the short ram or cold air. im sort of scared of getting a cold air and sucking up water. thanks mike

just depends on where you live man. I've got a short ram on my car because i didn't want to deal with running the longer piping into my bumper area.

You can get a by pass for the CAI if you are afraid of sucking water up.

Comment

oh thats right. i forgot about the bypass things. is it hard to run the extra piping in the bumper??

Comment

I think the hardest thing is making the hole where the lower pipe of your stock intake piping larger, well that's according to what i've read on here.

I've read some people using tin snips, some drilled a ton of holes into the metal and then used a chizel to punch it out. But either way just becareful when messing around with sharp edges and metal.

here read this, http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...9&page=1&pp=20

that's the guide i followed to install my SRI even though it was really meant for a CAI.

Comment

yea i think i'll just get the short ram. i dont want to cut stuff up just for an intake. thanks man, are the ebay ones ok??

Comment

Unless you live in Cali or "carb" strict areas. A lot of people buy those Ebay sold ones for just the piping and then they go buy a better cone filter from the store.

Comment

oh ok. yea im in cali. thanks for all the info. ill purchase the intak eright now.

Comment

wait.. make sure to get a Carb legal one otherwise the state ref will fail you.

Comment

i dont plan on going to the rep. lol. besides i can always put the stock one if i had to go.

Comment

It works! Thats what i do when i gotta smog.

Comment

sweet thanks.

Comment

I had the short ram when i had an EG and absolutey loved it, I had a friend with the cold air and he sucked water up and hydrolocked his motors. good luck with your choice though.
                        2002 Mazda B-3000- Daily Driver
                        1991 Honda Accord LX-Sold
                        2000 Jeep Wrangler-SOLD
                        1985 BMW-Autocrosser-SOLD
                        1993 Honda Civic Hatchback-R.I.P

Comment

well i purchased the short ram intake. impretty sure i'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DailyDrivenCB7
                            I had the short ram when i had an EG and absolutey loved it, I had a friend with the cold air and he sucked water up and hydrolocked his motors. good luck with your choice though.
                            i was about to say that lol. hydrolock scares the living crap out of me especially since i live in florida and the street systems here suck balls. so on ever car ive had short ram which isnt really good in the hot engine bay and in the hot weather but im safe lol

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

looks like you already made your choice but thats what i woulda told you anyways. i just wanted everyone to know that btpass valves willNOT prevent hydro-locking your motor 100% of the time. they really only work when the filter is somewhat FULLY submerged under water. if you dont believe me, look at aem's website
                              90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X