Joey : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey : 1990 Accord EX

March 21, 2008 : Spring tune-up, new wheels & tires, '60s Coupe deVille!

Hey, I'm Joey, I live in West Virginia, and yes it is that bad here. I got my Accord after totaling my cherry, one-owner 1990 Prelude Si. At the time I commuted about fifty miles a day to work and I needed a car in a hurry, so I snatched up the first one I found that I could afford. My mom had a 91 LX (t-boned) I thought was cool years ago, and Hondas are usually a good idea.

I spent a ton of money on my Prelude and never got to enjoy the benefits, so I don't expect to do much with this car besides keep it running. I'm still in school, so I (should) have greater priorities.

Engine:
    - Rebuilt Head
    - K&N Drop-In
    - NGK Wires

Exterior:
    - BA4 Prelude Exhaust Tips

Interior:
    - BA4 Prelude Steering Wheel
    - RAZO Shift Knob

Suspension & Wheels
    - KA3 Legend Wheels

Audio:
    - Kenwood Deck
    - Pioneer 4"
    - JVC 6"x9"

Last edited by Joey; 05-23-2008, 02:45 AM.
    Originally posted by TurboZach
    Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Nice start man. Good photography skills too.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

damn..........look good.....

another one of my twins......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I love the maroon dash and trim...its the seats I can't stand....u should do a RSX or S2000 seat swap and you'd be gold. Check out the seat swap DeathFromAbove has...u'll see what I mean Link

...great start btw.
        DEVOTE

Comment

Nice bud..my fellow seattle silver brother..i love the steering wheel is it the S2K..
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

we all know how the engine bay look like but
            would it just be nice to have a pics of it........

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Looks clean! What kind of steering wheel is that? Did you have to do any modding to fit it?

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
              BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
              SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

looks clean. realy liking the streering wheel.
                My RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                  Nice bud..my fellow seattle silver brother..i love the steering wheel is it the S2K..
                  It's from my dearly departed 90 Prelude Si.

Originally posted by cb7addict
                  Looks clean! What kind of steering wheel is that? Did you have to do any modding to fit it?
                  Yeah, it needs to be shimmed with some crush washers JB-Welded together, and the top one needs to be notched to accommodate the turn signal... thing.

Credit to owequitit for documenting the swap.

Comment

lookin good man, im sure she'll look tight once you start pouring money into her. that steering wheel looks fuckin sweet! i want one...

Comment

Spring cleaning commenced last week, in preparation for passing inspection by May first. So far, I've replaced a seized front-driver caliper, front pads & rotors, spark plugs & wires, air filter, all four tires (with snapped radials in three) and gave it the Seafoam treatment. I was going to replace a couple other things, but the distributor cap & rotor looked perfect and no force in this universe would have unstuck the banjo fitting on the fuel filter. Even so, mileage is up from 23 to 31, with a destroyed OE exhaust system, so I took it for a little road trip.

And for funsies, this station apparently shut down sometime in 2003:

1959 - 1964 generation, no idea when it was taken off the road but it has Texas plates (in upper Ohio!).

Next up: coolant temperature sensor & exhaust system.
                      Last edited by Joey; 05-23-2008, 02:44 AM.

Comment

same color as mine
                        i see pink on your driver door

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                        too bad seattle silver's are the best.
                        ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

[QUOTE=nhia-cb7i see pink on your driver door [/QUOTE]

i saw that too. what happened?

but anyways, nice car! those Legend wheels look pretty good on there. and that steering wheel is pretty sick too.

nice caddy. pimp it out.
                          Originally posted by deevergote.
                          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

steering wheel looks sweet

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

Thanks, pink's a remnant of a very thorough practical joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X