February 2008 Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2008 Photo Contest

Slightly different rules. In the meantime while there isn't an active mod on this section. I'll be in charge of the photo contest and NO i will not be eligible to submit an entry to eliminate bias. Winner of every month is eligible for photo of the year contest, just like accord of the month and year.

SUBMISSION RULES:
    • Only one picture per member.
    • Maximum resolution of 1024 by 1024. However smaller resolution is fine just do not go over.
    • Using photoshop as a tool to enhance your photos is allowed but no crazy alterations are allowed. A good photographer doesn't rely on post processing alterations.
    • Entires must be emailed to me by 12 am(pst) on the 21st of every month @ nghtrydr23@yahoo.com
    • Entires must also be shot after the new topic has been given, not prior. Which means you cannot use an existing photo that you already shot or have in your hard drive.
    • Along with the photo entry, members are also required to post the type of camera used, focal length, ISO, aperture and, shutter speed, and whether or not a flash was used.
    • Only post your entry on the thread. Do not post pictures that you do not want to be included on the contest. Please do not share them online as well until you are ready to submit your entry to eliminate plagiarism.
    • Discussions are allowed on the thread.
    • Signatures are NOT allowed on the entries to create a fair game for everyone

VOTING RULES:
    • Anyone can vote, which includes all members, contest participant and me.
    • Voting will be held for 5 days only, starting the day when the poll gets posted.

1/21/08-2/20/08
    Starting from the basics is the key on success so this month's topic will be based on composition and color. Please discuss and start snapping. Photos of anything are allowed but please do remember judging will be based on the topic which is composition and color.

Some members had already asked me what is the meaning of compostion. It is the organization or grouping of the different parts of a work of art so as to achieve a unified whole; the act of combining parts or elements to form a whole.
    Last edited by nghtrydr23; 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM.
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Sounds fun.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Sounds hard, hah. Is it a vote type thing? Or do you make the decisions?
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

will be a vote
        So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
          Slightly different rules. In the meantime while there isn't an active mod on this section. I'll be in charge of the photo contest and NO i will not be eligible to submit an entry to eliminate bias. Winner of every month is eligible for photo of the year contest, just like accord of the month and year.

RULES:
          • Only one picture per member.
          • Maximum resolution of 1024 by 1024. However smaller resolution is fine just do not go over.
          • Using photoshop as a tool to enhance your photos is allowed but no crazy alterations are allowed. A good photographer doesn't rely on post processing alterations.
          • Entires must be submitted by 12 am on the 21st of every month.
          • Entires must also be shot after the new topic has been given, not prior. Which means you cannot use an existing photo that you already shot or have in your hard drive.
          • Along with the photo entry, members are also required to post the type of camera used, focal length, ISO, aperture and, shutter speed, and whether or not a flash was used.
          • Only post your entry on the thread. Do not post pictures that you do not want to be included on the contest. Please do not share them online as well until you are ready to submit your entry to eliminate plagiarism.
          • Discussions are allowed on the thread.
          • Signatures are allowed on the entries as it only helps identify whose work it is.

Starting from the basics is the key on success so this month's topic will be based on composition and color. Please discuss and start snapping. Photos of anything are allowed but please do remember judging will be based on the topic which is composition and color.

Some members had already asked me what is the meaning of compostion. It is the organization or grouping of the different parts of a work of art so as to achieve a unified whole; the act of combining parts or elements to form a whole.
          I think the photos should be emailed to you, since you're the "mod" for now. You should submit them as they come in, without stating who submitted them. This will be a more fair way of choosing a winner because some members may be biased towards someone.

Also, no signatures in photos is a good idea too, for reasons stated above.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

most definitely it should be without the names. There is a lot of talent here hopefully a lot of people participate.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

point taken and i do agree with you guys . changing rules right now.
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

point taken and i do agree with you guys . changing rules right now.
                sounds good to me, I wonder what happen to out mod here anyways...

Comment

hes busy with school and work. hes going to school for photo and his work are late hours cus they are "gigs" at clubs.
                  So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

ahh no wonder... Well lets get this contest started.

Comment

bump 2 the top^^^^

Comment

so the theme is composition and color? or is there a theme? also, do the pictures have to be taken during the time, or can i submit a picture i took previously?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Entires must also be shot after the new topic has been given, not prior. Which means you cannot use an existing photo that you already shot or have in your hard drive.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn, didnt see that one. thanks!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Uh...a topic for the contest would be good, don't you think?

"Color and Composition" are judging criteria, not a topic.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X