Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is the upper and lower plenum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the upper and lower plenum?

what the title states. oh, and are all the plenums the same with the a1-a6's?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

That is the upper and lower part of the intake manifold. If you look at it, its stacked together with a sandwich plate in between the two. All the stock f22 manifolds are the same, but the a6 is a little bit larger and flows more. Even the H23 and f22B dohc mani's are interchangeable.

Why, what cha thinking about doing? Swaping manifolds?
    97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
    IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Originally posted by c mak
      That is the upper and lower part of the intake manifold. If you look at it, its stacked together with a sandwich plate in between the two. All the stock f22 manifolds are the same, but the a6 is a little bit larger and flows more. Even the H23 and f22B dohc mani's are interchangeable.

Why, what cha thinking about doing? Swaping manifolds?
      thanx foor tha info , yupp i wanna do the a6 intake mani with h23 tb. i think that will be best. or is the h23 inatke mani better?

Comment

I have actually read on here somewhere that using a h23 upper and a6 lower or vise versa is the best combination to do that nets the best gains.
        97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
        IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

I think the h23 has a bigger upper plenum then the a6 does. In any case they both have the butterflies so you can use a new ecu, or you could just let it create a vacuum and just open itself. Usually a new ecu is best.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmsilvercb7
            I think the h23 has a bigger upper plenum then the a6 does. In any case they both have the butterflies so you can use a new ecu, or you could just let it create a vacuum and just open itself. Usually a new ecu is best.
            i will be using the pt6 ecu and wire in the IAB box as well

Comment

the ideal swap is using the H23TB/Plenum and A6 runners. Here's a pic showing how much larger volume wise the H23 plenum is vs the A6 plenum

Oh and the Plenum is the upper part, then you got the butterfly IAB plate and then the lower runners.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                the ideal swap is using the H23TB/Plenum and A6 runners. Here's a pic showing how much larger volume wise the H23 plenum is vs the A6 plenum

Oh and the Plenum is the upper part, then you got the butterfly IAB plate and then the lower runners.
                thanx, i always forget which is which.

Comment

Thats what I want to do also but need to find the parts.

Comment

For those stating their facts... why are the A6 runners best?

And yeah, the plenum is the upper part. There is only one plenum.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      For those stating their facts... why are the A6 runners best?

And yeah, the plenum is the upper part. There is only one plenum.
                      A6 runners are supposedly better for higher RPM since they're a little longer, i believe that's what owequitit informed me of. H23 runners are more for low end torque since they're shorter.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

The A6 runners are shorter, the H23's are longer.

Also, not all F22Ax manifolds are the same.

The F22A1 and F22A4 manifolds are NOT interchangeable with the H series parts.

The H series TB's will NOT bolt to an F22 plenum.

The OP has 2 choices.

1) Swap an entire H23 manifold on the car. This is probably the easiest, and most effective route in his situation.

2) Swap an A6 lower manifold with an H series plenum and TB.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          The A6 runners are shorter, the H23's are longer.

Also, not all F22Ax manifolds are the same.

The F22A1 and F22A4 manifolds are NOT interchangeable with the H series parts.

The H series TB's will NOT bolt to an F22 plenum.

The OP has 2 choices.

1) Swap an entire H23 manifold on the car. This is probably the easiest, and most effective route in his situation.

2) Swap an A6 lower manifold with an H series plenum and TB.
                          correct, plus the egr ports are easier to access with the removable plugs instead of drilling holes.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X