Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Deck keeps shutting off over bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck keeps shutting off over bumps

Recently (within the past month) every time I go over those expansion joints on the freeway, my deck shuts off and then turns back on again; or whenever i go over railroad tracks, it ALWAYS does it. Its a JVC KD LH300 deck, bought it at Best Buy back in 6/04. I got the 4 year warranty plan along with it. So would this be something I should take it back to Best Buy for? I've still got about 8 months left on the warranty. Should i let them worry about it or is it something simple i can mess with?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

does it actually turn off? my screen blanks out and comes back on as if you removed the faceplate and put it back on, but the music is never interrupted... not sure what causes it, assuming just something loose... if your whole thing is cutting in and out you might want to make sure the wiring harness is tight...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yeah, the music cuts and its silent. The screen also goes blank, and after the "bump" is over it turns back on like i just started the car. Sometimes when it gets really hot outside, it plays music but i can't press any of the buttons and the screen is blank. It just does this shutting off/turning on over moderate bumps though. Do you think the skip protection, ESP, in the deck is broken internally? b/c if it is, then i can most likely get a free deck from best buy since they probably wouldn't repair a 3.5 year old deck and send it back to me.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

i doubt that is anything related to the ESP. if you still have a warranty take advantage of it and send it in. if its not wiring, something internal is definitely loose.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Check wiring first , something might be loose. If not take it back if you have purchased an extended warranty.

Comment

DONT CHECK THE WIREING!!! take it to best buy and have them figure it out, if you start going through it that will void your warranty and they will tell you to have fun and go away, best buy likes to do that kinda thing...ive been an installer there for 2 years
            www.vertically-challenged.com

Comment

good idea -

good idea vclifer i would still check the ground wire and the power
              www.urbancarperformance.com

check us out !!!!

Comment

check in the fuse box where to pos and neg cable come out and on to the terminals. make sure they are tight! i had that same problem and thats where it was coming from.
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Do you have the bracket on the stereo?Thats the metal piece that holds the stereo in place. Usually if the stereo is not in tightly it will shake and turn off and on. I had the same problem.You should also make sure all your cennections are tight and not loose.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                  '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                  '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

if it where mine and i paid to have it installed and paid for an extended warranty i would take it back and make them fix it. there is a reason you bought the extended warranty. kinda like buying car insurance its there for a reason and you pay for it so use it.

Comment

dont touch it yourself. you'll void your installation warranty.

take it in, go to the install bay, tell them your problem, tell them you would like to use your psp or have them do a trouble shoot on it. most often its just a loose wire or ground somewhere in your electrical system.

but i can tell you from experience, if the deck is old, its most likely your deck sorry to say, a component inside may have come loose. what brand is it? if its pioneer its going to be sent out to service. just make sure you have all your paperwork with you when you go in, and if your smart you'll go a day or 2 ahead and schedule an appointment so you dont have to wait. got any questions, let me know. like it says in my sig, i work at best buy, and im a installer...

and in response to a previous post, if its an aftermarket stereo, you dont use the factory bracket, the dash kit will hold it in. and also, if the wiring was done the way its sposed to be at best buy, they used a wire harness.
                      Last edited by UrDoneSRH; 11-01-2007, 01:57 AM.

Member Ride Facebook
                      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

loose wires. or your face plate may not be sitting in properly for some reason.

Comment

GOOD NEWS! I got a Brand New Alpine deck for free w/ ANOTHER 4yr warranty. Well, since i bought my JVC back in 04' for $234.99, the new Alpine (CDA-9883) was 204.99 so i got the 29.99 warranty on it and i'm set til 2011, lol. I went in there, had the guy pull it out and went to the geek squad section and the guy sent it away. A week later, I called and they said it was too old to fix, so they let me pick out a new deck within the 235 dollar price i paid. All within a period of a week....SWEET. New deck sounds A LOT louder, clearer, more bass and has IPOD connectivity. aight here's some piktars:

Last edited by Losiracer2; 11-05-2007, 07:09 AM.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Good choice Alpine head units are the best!!

--------------------
                            sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
                            bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
                            Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

on the choice of alpine

told ya they would take care of you. hope u enjoy it man.

Member Ride Facebook
                              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X