Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay cold air and short ram intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay cold air and short ram intakes

hey guys, just want to know what you think about ebay CAI and SRI?

do they fit well on our cb's?

and the one that im looking at on ebay is a two piece one, can it be used as both a cold air and a short ram intake, if i just remove the second piece?

thanks for the help!!

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

hope this thread helps, personally i choose AEM because they work. and are CARB legal so you wont get cited for them.

Intake Info

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ebay Intakes are fine. I think the best choice you can do with your money in that ascpect. Instead of the 150-200 you spend on a AEM one, you spend 50 max on a intake that gives you 2 hp max less than the AEM one. SO with that 100-150 you save you can do 2 things.

#1 Stomp on the gas to hear that sweet growl...or...

#2 Save that money put that towards your next performace purchase, Probably exhaust/headers if your just starting, but not neccesarily.

Also, If you get the ebay intake, I hope you get s "swoosh" throwing it out. Get a Quality intake

DISREGARD THIS IF YOU LIVE IN CA

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

yeah i guess e-bay isn't bad, but the filter isn't nearly as good as a K&N or an AEM filter because you cant recharge them that well, they're made out of just paper and maybe nylon mesh vs. a better built K&N which uses metal mesh and a higher media filtering element that's guaranteed for they say 1,000,000 miles. If you buy the e-bay intake, it'll be good for the time being but when it comes time to clean/recharge it, get a K&N filter as a replacement.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the big thing im worried about is if it will fit properly, i would get a K&N filter for it anyway. and if it could be used as both a cold air, in the summer, and short ram, in the winter, that would be great for my Canadian winters, lol

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Fitness wise, it should be ok. I dont have one, but many memebers here do, and i havent heard of anyone having a problem. It cant be off that but much if it is, plus it dosent matter, there are those rubber things, so you can adjust slightly if need be

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

For a Transformer-like intake, look into Spectre. You can use those kits to build whatever kind of intake your heart desires. Just mix & match the pieces until it looks like what you want. Change it around whenever the mood strikes your fancy.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Get an AEM cold air.

Comment

I have bought plenty of intake of ebay for different cbs and they all seem to fit fine just dont purchase anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

I have a el cheapo short ram intake with a k&n filter on the end.Works and fits perfectly fine.Although I don't think I would trust the cold air intakes, I know that AEM makes a bypass valve to go in between the two tubes to take care of any water sucked in.

Comment

ebay intake yes

i think the ebay intake is just fine why because i have one they fit great short ram or cold air replace the filter. anyone who buys a expensive intake is just stupid they basically the same bends and if you want it to be C.A.R.B. legal you go out and buy k&n intake that comes with a sticker take it off and return it. keep the sticker and put it on problem solved why only because i have had my hood poped with no problems. I say save the money buy the ebay intakeand spend the rest on some headers or exhaust or pulleys something that you will really get power gains with.
                      My 92 accord

Comment

Working...
                      X