power steering removal line looping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power steering removal line looping

My power steering pump is whining like crazy and is about to die so i figured i would go ahead and remove it all. i know you can loop the power steering lines at the rack and have seen it done on the 94-97 accord rack but that only seems to have 2 lines running to it. Our CB7 accords have 4 lines in my pic below could somebody show me which lines i loop together since theres 4 and not just 2. thanks guys

A and D are the ones to loop. You still need the one for the VSS.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

so what do i do with B and C then? can someone show me a pic of their looped or blocked off system?

Comment

loop a and d .. then just remove the one to the cooler and but a 2 dollar plug for it at your local parts store !! keep the one from the reservoir so it keeps fluid in the system.

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I have heard of people just looping the VSS with fluid. Personally I would still leave them run to the vss.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

back from the dead yo. im using this. just wanted to let people know y0

Comment

super back from the dead, sorry

i wanna get rid of PS, but im not sure if i need to keep the reservoir still or what? i understand looping the 2 lines, and leaving 1 to run to the VSS, but the other one i should run to the reservoir and just keep it full? and plug off all the other holes on the reservoir? Thanks!!
              1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

i was just about to start a thread on this same topic lol i found this on honda tuning http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=184202&page=1 very interesting

would this set up work for the breathing thing kinda ghetto i know also line b is actually line d

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

bump

Comment

note...this is highly not recommended

p/s racks are DESIGNED to operate with the assistance of hydr. pressure to rotate certain parts...removing this pressure
                    #1 reduces your maneuverability
                    #2 increases stress on parts
                    #3 gains no HP or Torque

other then that I don't have much else to say
                    ____

Comment

k thanx.......

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                        note...this is highly not recommended

p/s racks are DESIGNED to operate with the assistance of hydr. pressure to rotate certain parts...removing this pressure
                        #1 reduces your maneuverability
                        #2 increases stress on parts
                        #3 gains no HP or Torque

other then that I don't have much else to say
                        Not really...The pressure is just there for ease of the driver to maneuver the wheel. Its like a crutch for a dude that broke his leg. The main problem you will have is decreased wear. That can be prevented with proper lubrication of the rack. You run the rack dry your just fucking yourself in the ass and that thing is going to break. No hp or tq might be gained but who really cares? Honestly my car was a lil more rev happy with it gone and I liked that since one of the hoses were kinked. Plus I can change my alternator in 25min which is another benefit I like.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmmm...true Nail05...

you know I was thinking about this tonight on my way home from work and I don't think I could honestly prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would increase the likely hood of part breakage, IF fluid was left in the rack and allowed to recirc. as the plan here is.

I do know it will reduce maneuverability (most noticeable at slower speeds combined with tight cornering) but that could be argued to not matter once you built some popey styled arm strength
                          ____

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                            i was just about to start a thread on this same topic lol i found this on honda tuning http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=184202&page=1 very interesting

would this set up work for the breathing thing kinda ghetto i know also line b is actually line d
                            Your gonna leak out of that breather it wont work. You wont need it anyway. I dotn have one on my car and its fine. The plastic cap doesnt seal all that great so theres your breather.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cool thanks but will it be the same concept as the ht article???? i think so but just double checking here

Comment

Working...
                              X