Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have an auto and want to run a chipped ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have an auto and want to run a chipped ecu?

I think I'm the only person, besides Bird333, that has really taken the time for you guys to research on this topic.

I've been getting a lot of potential customers lately. Unfortunately, most of them have an automatic.

I say unfortunately because I usually end up turning those customers away due to the problems that persist with automatic and chipped ecu's.

I thought I should post my findings so anyone that has a question can refer to this thread. Also, if anyone else has any PERSONAL experience, please post up.

I don't want any hear or read-say.

With my personal findings, I have found that NO problems exist with 90-91 automatic cb7's.

I have had 2 customers with those year auto's and have chipped them a p06. I used uberdata 1.7 repack1 for the map I provided.

The type of ecu board does not matter, nor does it matter if it's an automatic or manual ecu.

On a recent customer, I did an f22b dohc swap on his 91 cb7. He retained his automatic transmission. He wondered if a p06 would work with his car, so I gave it a try.

What do you know, it fired right up. There are no cel codes, no lights, nada. It works flawlessly.

Now, a few months back, I chipped an automatic p06 for 90cb7sleeper on here.

His setup I believe was an h23 head on his f22a6 block, automatic transmission. He had informed me that it too had worked flawlessly.

I will PM him this thread and have him post his experiences.

Now, I have not personally dealt with 92-93 automatic cb7s, so I cannot give much info there.

I do know one member on this board that is having issues with this tho. prNonVtec4u is the member I'm talking about. I will have him post up his personal experiences as well.

But from what he has told me, he has a 92-93 automatic cb7, f22b dohc swapped.

He has a chipped p06(not from me) with many of my basemaps. I have sent him a few versions of my maps, in crome and uberdata. None seem to fully work for him.

As soon as he tries to start it, he gets the "S" light on.

I will let him expand on that.

I will continue to do my research, but at my pace. I would really love to do this asap, but I don't have access to every year automatic cb7 ever made.

I'm trying to help you guys out as much as possible. I do this for fun, and because I love it.

a donation here and there wouldn't hurt. I have traveled hours and hours, just to perform these tests of mine.

Like I said before, if you have any personal experiences, please post up.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

uberdata 1.66 was the one that was always working for me on several customers cars. I can think of atleast 3 off the top of my head that they worked for. But recently i did an ecu for Mr. Phil and under a map that ran accord_inspire's car perfectly the car won't even shift into the proper gear. I'll be looking into this over the next two weeks.

Whats really strange is that the ecu that came with his h22 is acting identical to the chipped p28 i did for him. The stock pt3 is running normally though

Edit: Mr. Phil didn't have any transmission fluid in his car.
    Last edited by MRX; 04-10-2012, 06:13 PM.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i Have No clue what this could be,
      when i run the p28 the car runs rich as hell,black smoke everywhere and it runs like shit same for the Stock Ecu (P0F) that came with the motor,but the car seems to run fine with the stock ECU Pt3,no smokes at all .

I Tried the same chipped P28 Ecu on my boy swapped auto H22 (slr_theking)
      i took it for a spin and also runs like shit .
      wtf

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

yea, I see your car is a 92-93.

Like I said, i think the issue really lies with those years.

Antoine, do you remember what years any of the cars you tuned were? Also, what board type and what ecu you tuned with?

Comment

curious; why would it matter on the difference in years?

Comment

Problems could lie in the TCU, since they did away with the "S" light in 92-93 they had to have changed the tcu around to accomodate that. But one thing that's wierd is that I have a 92 EX auto, And I previously ran a PT3 ecu with the PT3 TCU package and I had no shifting problems. SO if the ECU and TCU are paired together then that might solve some of the problems

Comment

Well, the problem here is not stock accord ecu's with stock tcu's.

the problem is that people want to run chipped ecu's with their automatics.

The way that civic/teg ecu's work is that its only ONE component for both the auto and the ecu. I

For accords, there are a tcu and ecu, which communicate.

Now, when you put a p06 into an accord with a tcu, the ecu will want to communicate with the ecu, but the p06 won't recognize it the TCU will throw a code.

This only seems to happen with 92-93 automatics for the reasons bruno just stated.

It really might just be that the only tcu's that work with chipped ecu's are from the 90-91 LX.

But, what if someone were to get a that tcu, swap it into their 92-93 auto? It would definitely shift differently, and who knows what else.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy

This only seems to happen with 92-93 automatics for the reasons bruno just stated.

It really might just be that the only tcu's that work with chipped ecu's are from the 90-91 LX.

But, what if someone were to get a that tcu, swap it into their 92-93 auto? It would definitely shift differently, and who knows what else.
                abdielitoPr had an auto 92-93 and he ran a chipped p28 ecu and the car ran fine.
                he had the ecu chipped by carlos ( Wicked) ,so now i'm really

Comment

here's a link to a vid of him running the car http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=52119

Comment

Yea, his case is the only one i have heard that worked.

I'm still trying to get in touch with Carlos about all the components to use.

Nothing is set in stone yet. I'm just throwing out possibilities.

Comment

P0F ECU dont like to run our cars properly at least not mine. It would stutter at idle and bog out when revved. As you got about 2600 it would be smooth then it would fall on its face with black smoke blowin out the ass lol. Maybe it was configured more for an auto If I find my old one ill open it up and take some pics of it.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

when i was auto, only uber 1.66 worked flawlessly for me. eveything else gave me a S light

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          When I used the 90-91 tcu it made no difference in shifting for some reason. Everything worked like normal. No wierd codes or anything. So if 90-91 tcu's work with chipped ecu then that might be everyones best bet to get since the shifting isnt messed up.

Comment

Good write up guys! Bout time we are gathering some solid info on this. Don't doubt the autos. Here we come! I'm curious about this too.

Comment

Antoine, you think that why I'm having the same problem with my ECU? because of the year and it auto.
                              Accord Of The Month January 09
                              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                              X