Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

**SRI vs CAI**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**SRI vs CAI**

In the short time that I have been with this forum, I have noticed that one of the most asked questions is about the air intake systems.

“Which should I get?”

“Which is for me?”

I may not be able to decide for you but hopefully this information will help you along the way to making the decision of which setup you would/could get the most use from. I have tried to use as many knowledgeable sources as possible; from different manufactures websites, to previous posts on this forum. If you find any information that you can prove to me for a FACT that it is incorrect, I ask that you please bring it to my attention so that I can make the proper changes.

Short Ram Air Intake - Good low-end power, increased throttle response, easy to install, sounds good, cheap and looks good. If you don’t like the sound of a breathing motor then this setup is not for you. This setup is designed for the “daily driver” since the low-end power is used on a daily basis. Also with the SRI there is very little risk of hydro-lock unless you are planning on driving into a lake. (I don’t recommend trying this). Prices can range from $25-$130+ currently on Ebay.com

Cool Air Intake - Better gains (in some opinions), mainly high end. However in some applications a bypass is added to the mix, which will prevent water from making its way from the air filter to the throttle body. The bypass its self has been shown in some applications to cause a loss of 2-3 HP overall. With that said hydro-locking is very rare and doesn't happen, usually, unless you fully submerge the Air filter in water, like mentioned before with driving into a lake. In the case of the full CAI setup that puts the filter down behind your front bumper lenses it would be much easier to fully submerge then the SRI. So if you drive through big puddles, small streams, or drive through water covering the roadway this setup would not be for you, unless you are looking to destroy your motor. This setup, sound wise, is comparable to that of a stock airbox in most opinions. Prices can range from $35-$230+ currently on Ebay.com

Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot to mention in some of my research several sources provide a test of intake temperatures at speed (while moving) which were virtually identical between the SRI and the CAI. So it appears that the intake charge temp is equal as soon as you start moving and the length of the tubing, not the “cooler” incoming air. So basically, the way I understand it, you could add a length of tube to your SRI and get a bump in mid-range. I know everyone has his or her own opinion on which is better. I am just trying to help anyone that is looking to make an informed decision before purchasing a product that they may know little or nothing about, and making sure they are getting what they want for a fair price. So hopefully this information will help you in your process of making your decision.

Like I said before, If you find any information that you can prove to me for a FACT that it is incorrect, I ask that you please bring it to my attention so that I can make the proper changes.

Sticky material if you ask me. LOL. Maybe thats just my opinion... Later

Ahh this should be added on the Holy Wisdom section called "Sticky"

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
      Ahh this should be added on the Holy Wisdom section called "Sticky"
      x2 on this I must agree with the one who speaks of the Holy Wisdom section called "Sticky"... Someone did some research this evening.
      "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
      "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

great write up man

Comment

Working...
        X