Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

header comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header comparison

well, this should put an end, or atleast it somewhat lessen the threads asking what the difference between x and y headers are.

I cant believe this hasnt been posted yet, its a fucking old experiment.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=922589&page=1

the setup:
    H22(not sure if it was jdm or not, it was in a lude.)
    AEM CAI
    VAFC 1
    Dinan ECU chip (from 94 )
    No a/c
    COMPLETELY stock block and head
    All headers were run open

test subjectsL

and these were the results:

1. SMSP 177.6 hp (w/ test pipe and exhaust, completely untuned)
    2.Mugen 174.8 hp
    3.SMSP 174.4 hp ( just primaries and secondaries, no collector)
    4.SMSP 174.3 hp ( as described earlier, sniffer in collector)
    5. DC 170.8 hp
    6. Weapon r 168.1 hp
    7. Stock ( JDM ) 166.4 hp

is a DC header really worth 4hp? weapon r, which I would say is as good as those no name ebay headers didnt do that much worse compared to the DC, especially when its cost is a small fraction of the price for a DC!!

ALL of the tests would have put out a bit more power if they were tuned and if they had a complete exhaust.

now you guys have proven tests, you decide if its worth your money to get a X or Y header.

personally, I would only get a custom smsp.
    Last edited by d112crzy; 09-18-2006, 02:56 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Wow from way back in the day but at least you shortened it so thats not bad. I had to scroll through pages when they were still doin the tests and crap.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

were can i get an smsp header?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Google SMSP. THey usually run around 800 or so or was it close to 1000 i forgot I know the RMF is like 700-800. Hytech also run pretty expensive but if you search for the user SMSP on HT he distributes the header.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That was also the DC Sports with a 2" collector.

I suspect the DC Sports with a 2.5" collector would still do slightly better.

In all honesty though, you are correct. HP for the buck, it is hard to outdo SMSP or RMF.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yea, i wish they woulda done an RMF header too.

I wonder how differnt the results would have been on an f22(dc, ebay, and stock)

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              yea, i wish they woulda done an RMF header too.

I wonder how differnt the results would have been on an f22(dc, ebay, and stock)

Well I suppose depending the level of build, it could have been quite significant. You figure that a 2" collector is semi restrictive on a D16 with dual point injection, and SMSP picked up quite a bit with a 2.25" collector, I would guess that based on displacement alone, the F22 would benefit from a 2.25" to 2.5" collector.

Mildly built H22's can benefit from a 3" collector, so...

Here is a good theoretical question too:

Does the downpipe from a 2.5" DC SPORTS H22 Header bolt to the primaries on an F22/H23 header??? That would give F22 guys an easy way to get a 2.5" collector, without having to go to Bisimoto or Kamikaze.

In the interests of getting my swap done, and based on the fact that nobody seems to have tested it, I am going to put a DC with 2.5" collector on the car.

I will keep everybody posted.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

any info on the greddy header or know the collector diamater
                U dont work U dont eat
                U dont grind Udont shine
                1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
                present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
                1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

dont have the dyno sheets any more but a stock ex tubular header flows better then most of the headers listed not familar with smsp header enlighten me but stock ex tube made 6 more hp then my old dc
                  fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

When I talked to Dave from SMSP about collector sizing he said a 2.5" collector on an F22 wouldn't do much. I was gonna cut off and replace my Megan one which is 2.25". With the primaries being the length and diameter that they were, just making the collector slightly bigger wouldn't enhance the entire exhasut setup to be noticeable.
                    Although he and Burns make better designed collectors than the Megan one and most others, so maybe there is some slight gain.

And if you went 2.5" shouldn't your exhaust piping also be 2.5" No point in necking it down after the collector.
                    I'm sure HondaFan's white project could benefit but his head I think is flowing better than a stock H22.

Bah! I'm waiting for a group buy from Bisi for an affordable F22/H23 header.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

so does anyone have the 2.5" dc sports collector they came out with?
                      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
                        so does anyone have the 2.5" dc sports collector they came out with?

yeah i think 626cb7 has it, he made a thread about it i think
                        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          Well I suppose depending the level of build, it could have been quite significant. You figure that a 2" collector is semi restrictive on a D16 with dual point injection, and SMSP picked up quite a bit with a 2.25" collector, I would guess that based on displacement alone, the F22 would benefit from a 2.25" to 2.5" collector.

Mildly built H22's can benefit from a 3" collector, so...

Here is a good theoretical question too:

Does the downpipe from a 2.5" DC SPORTS H22 Header bolt to the primaries on an F22/H23 header??? That would give F22 guys an easy way to get a 2.5" collector, without having to go to Bisimoto or Kamikaze.

In the interests of getting my swap done, and based on the fact that nobody seems to have tested it, I am going to put a DC with 2.5" collector on the car.

I will keep everybody posted.
                          piratemcfred who is on HT, AD, CB7 and other forums, has done a 2.5" collector on a DC sports header. He was running it on his H23 setup, then transferred it onto his latest setup.

Bisi's F22 street header will have 2.5" collector
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Here's another thread comparing the headers...http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1437360
                            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                            Project 240SX
                            Originally posted by chillin943
                            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

thanks noob

get online foo

Comment

Working...
                              X