Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

272 delta cams.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

272 delta cams.......

i got a set of 272 delta cams with skunk2 cam gears that ill be dropping in this coming weekend on my f22b dohc. the question is what is the valve lash on those cause i know there is some people in here with the same set up. any ideas how should i set the cam gears ( degrees ) or should i run it stock.
    any help would be great..

thanks in advance...

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

lollll....i think someone wants to try be faster after getting beat multiple times by an auto 4dr.....hahahahahha

chicohonda91=ricerrrrr for life....lmaoooooo
    Last edited by abdielitopr; 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chicohonda91
      i got a set of 272 delta cams with skunk2 cam gears that ill be dropping in this coming weekend on my f22b dohc. the question is what is the valve lash on those cause i know there is some people in here with the same set up. any ideas how should i set the cam gears ( degrees ) or should i run it stock.

thanks in advance...
      so you didn't sell your car? sweet...but sorry..don't know question.

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
      .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
      .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

anybody.....

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

Leave em at 0,0 until you dyno...

then dial them in.
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

mike are u talking about cam gear degrees? lol hes talking about VALVE LASH.. if ur seriiously saying 0.0 0.0 wont that like make it sound like a diesel.. i told him u were the guy to talk to.. so give us j00 answer nigguh..

offtopic: those were my old cam gears and cams.. lol.. they have been passed down like a red headed step child

Teckert
            Bagoon316
            Chicohonda91

LOL..

in that order too

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

He asked about both... I missed the valve lash question though...

I set mine a little tighter than stock... maybe 1/4 to 1/3 tighter...

they still tick and chatter like a summa bitch though... I love it...

every car is different.... start a little tighter than stock and go from there... until you start to lose power... then back them off... that's what I did...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Valve lash on Delta 272 according to Delta I believe is .007" intake, .009" exhaust.

I set mine on the red Accord project to .006" int /.008" exh. I haven't had any issues yet, but every motor is different and everyone has different wear. I agree, that it seems the valve tick is just the nature of the beast.

Anyhow, I found on my red Accord setup (check my sig link to my project thread for details) that the Delta 272 I have was best set at 0 degrees for my SOHC F22a1 motor. Just mentioning this for whatever it's worth, even though your DOHC.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by chicohonda91

thanks in advance...
                  here ya go G/L update everyone im thinkin abot that F22B DOHC
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=54646

Comment

thanks for everything guys. ill keep ya posted.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

With my 260's in my h23 they were also pretty much best at 0,0 for cam gears, but I'm boosted so who knows.

Just leave them at 0,0 for now, get on the dyno and play with them a bit.

I set valve lash on the loose side of stock, like .005 intake and .008 exhaust or something

L8r
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

So we just got done with the install and we got freaked out when we turned it on and it sounded like a rod spun'd car.. lol.. so after two attempts at adjusting the valve lash

1st time on the loose side
                        2nd time on the tight side

we desided to leave it on and see what happens.. and sure enough the sound become less and less noticeable but mang.. it still sounds like a diesel.. like.. not exhaust note or motor note.. just the ticking.. (JESUS ZIGEN U WERENT FUCKING KIDDING!!!) lol.. so 2morrow were gonna get up and readjust them back to the looser side to see what happens if it quiets em down (maybe too tight).. or what not..

we used .06 on the intake and .08 on the exhaust..

cams are at 0,0

needs the wikked love in tuning since it wasnt tuned for them.. but i did a quick adjustment and slamming into second is gonna require some new tires

nite nite kiddies

gonna go have some delta dreams!!! brap brap brap brap

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

get some vids up cabron.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I do wonder about the ticking you guys are experiencing...I never had these issues. Even with my 282's. Just rough ass idling.

Comment

hmm, one thing carlos brought up when he called me was, do they tick also when theyre too tight?

ive heard yes and no on this, I duno.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X